Topic: Things to fix since fall

1. My truck.  Over three grand.
2. My wife's van.  About a grand.
3. My eyes.  About four grand.  (only one that I actually planned for and had the money set aside and scheduled)

Now the furnace is bust with single digit temperatures at night and low double digits during the day.  I'm awfully glad we had a heat pump to handle the transition periods.  We had it reprogrammed to be primary heat source rather than just handling the transition periods.  It's not really warming the house so much as keeping it from getting colder, but that's enough to keep the pipes and children from freezing.  Sweater time.  Bust out the wallet time. 

Edit to add: The pre-amp in Tiny is kaput.  That's another thing that needs to be repaired.  It's going to wait. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Things to fix since fall

Ouch - Time for the kids to go to work!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

LOL.  Right on Topdown!  Youngest is the age I was when I started. 

Sonya's looking to return to the workforce.  Tough time to be looking.  Fortunately, my job has benefits and I can work from home most all the time, so all she needs to look at are wages, schedule, and commute.  Whoever hires her is going to get a terrific asset.  She'd be a fantastic employee for anyone but me. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

4 (edited by dino48 2014-01-23 01:48:16)

keep your glasses,fix van and truck kids go too work to help pay for lasic eye,s. Pray for warmer weather.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wow! Nothing like having lots of things hit at once. Looks to me like truck and van are the same amount you had saved up for your eyes. Hmmmm.....

Praying for ya!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping you can pick most, if not all, of the lottery numbers. smile

Roger

(Then you can also buy me a plane ticket to Florida in February lol)

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It's always something.  I feel your pain.  Jims been laid off since before Christmas.  Living on unemployment sucks especially when we have to fill the fuel oil tank and we have below zero temps for almost a week straight... we are STILL trying to get Stephs room finished (Alexs old room... you may recall this project started over the summer). Keep my fingers crossed our furnace lasts through this season myself frankly. 

But hey, at least you can see right?  And running away to Florida is just around the corner!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'm afraid to take leave. The job market's so tough, I don't want anything to go wrong and me getting blamed while I'm not there. I hope Jim gets something soon.

Feel your pain. Zurf. With my disability retirement I lost 40% of my salary while doctor's bills increased 10 fold. Anything and everything that could break and need money for repairs, did. Had to sell a lotta stuff to pay bills and use 401K money to pay off house. Paid off all my credit cards, then cancelled them - that ruined my credit rating. Last week I went to have a front end alignment on my wifes truck only to find out that I needed tye-rod ends, ball joints, front breaks, the alignment and 2 new tires - tune of $1100.00 + tax. Fixed myself, with my son's help, for under $500.00. Have to travel to Houston, Tx. next week for my check-up at M D Anderson Hospital. Thats a 2 day afair requiring a overnite stay in a motel and a 800 mile round trip. Wished I more than 1 wife working at this time but no such luck.

Nela

I feel you Zurf.  Keep on truckin'. Things always get better.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

how come bad things always happen together always expensive as well , hope you get sorted soon zurf

Life is much better right now.  I've got a space heater in my office and now I'm at least warm.

Yikes! That's quite the whammy list, Zurf! Hope everything works out okay.