Topic: RIP Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger passed away at age 94. Known as the Cheerful Warrior he become involved in many different causes. Keeping all political opinions aside he did a lot for the music world. He carried song all across the world. RIP Pete.

Joe

Re: RIP Pete Seeger

R.I.P Pete

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I had heard that he was still out there playing up to just a couple years ago. Crazy to be doing that at 92.

In watching the story on the news about him this morning they showed a clip of Farm-aid 2013. Him, Willie, Neil, Mellencamp, and Dave Matthews on stage. Makes me think that some younger musicians need to take up his cause and follow in his footsteps.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

4 (edited by TwangTown 2014-01-29 03:49:29)

Wrote some great all-time classics, great guitar singalong numbers.

A poignant quote from Pete in 2006:

“I’ve often thought, standing onstage with 1,000 people in front of me, that somebody over on my right had a great-great grandfather who was trying to kill the great-great grandfather of somebody off to my left. And here we are all singing together. And wouldn’t it surprise all those great-grandfathers if they could see their great-grandchildren singing together? They’d probably say, ‘Why did we fight so hard?’ Good question!
We all go to different churches or no churches, we have different favorite foods, different ways of making love, different ways of doing all sorts of things, but there we’re all singing together. Gives you hope.”

Totally agree... Chordie proves that!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

zguitar wrote:

Makes me think that some younger musicians need to take up his cause and follow in his footsteps.

While I have great respect for the man because he was honest and sincere and lived in accordance with his principles, I do not think we need young artists to take up promotion of communism.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Pete played a concert last year at age 93. He told the audience his wife wrote five verses to Turn, Turn, Turn for their kids. Pete said he had forgot about them and had never sung them in concert before. That night he added them to the song. They where very amusing verses and even Pete beamed as he sang them. I hope I can still be strumming and singing at age 93.

Joe

Zurf wrote:
zguitar wrote:

Makes me think that some younger musicians need to take up his cause and follow in his footsteps.

While I have great respect for the man because he was honest and sincere and lived in accordance with his principles, I do not think we need young artists to take up promotion of communism.

I didn't know that. I knew he was an activist for civil rights and such but.........

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!