Topic: Far, Far Away

Song's about the difference in how winter weather is viewed from when we were children. Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/far-far-away-scratch

Far Far Away By Jeff Gilpin

Feb 5, 2014

[D]Snow and ice are filling up my winter,

[D]Started before we even finished fall.

[A]Spring’s a distant season I remember.

[D]Now I’ve got the time to try and recall.

[G]Childhood when a snow day was a treasure.

[D]Sledding down the hills and covered streets.

[G]Sometimes snow so deep I couldn’t measure

[E]But my grownup life just can’t com[A]pete.

[D]Snow and ice today means complications

[D]Means a day of work I won’t get paid

[A]Going in to catch up on an off day

[D]Plans I must adjust are not remade.

[G]Plans I had for being with my loved ones

[D]Had to kick on farther down the year

[G]Have to cancel all my get-togethers

[E]Meeting some old friends retelling [A]stories over beer

[D]Trees all covered like a fairy wonderland

[D]Snow looks like the icing on cupcakes

[A]Every now and then I hear a snowplow

And the [D]screech of tearing asphalt a mistake

[G]Another pothole I will have to locate

To a[D]void another pounding for my car

[G]Stuff that’s never on your mind as children

[E]Only snow while thoughts of the [A]future are far, [G]far a[D]way

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Far, Far Away

Nice  song  Jeff  been writing  about  weather  myself  lately .

I liked it jets,but the song is seems a little lonely.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

I liked it jets,but the song is seems a little lonely.

Hey Dino - Thanks for your comments. I guess there's a little loneliness in the song. When the weather turns bad I was usually happy when I was as a child. Getting to play in the snow and not having to go to school made for a far from lonely time. Now that I am well into adulthood, I don't get to go out and play when the weather is foul. When I was working in the military I usually still had to go to work most days. Sometimes it meant having to stay home a day or two, but I still had to complete the same amount of work but now in less time once the bad weather let up. Lonely? I think a better way of looking at winter and snowy/inclement weather is that the magic will be gone at some point in your life, once you grow up. For some that point is sooner rather than later.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

hi jeff i've moved thousands of tons of the stuff,it does put everything on hold especially when it fills back up behind you,you think whats the point and want to go home till it stops,but we carry on regardless ,thanks for those memories....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool