Topic: strat tremolo arm

Anybody know if there is anywhere I can get straighter and slightly lower tremolo arm, I don't know whether its my hands but mistakes creep in when I need it. Replies appreciated

Re: strat tremolo arm

I would use a vice grip and bend the current one. Just me though. smile

3 (edited by dino48 2014-02-18 01:32:41)

Hi smiddy and welcome too chordie, you could also bend it in a vice at a workbench, and make it straight where you want.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think your right, it was worth a try to see if one was made especially.
Thanks all the same.

If your tremolo has an adjustment for the "zero point", you might also be able to just lower it using those adjustments, without bending anything. You'll lose some of the range when dropping pitch (whether you adjust or bend) and this might be a more careful way to accomplish that without getting it too low and having to bend it back. If you do decide to bend it, it might be a good a idea to warm it up first, to avoid over-stressing the metal. Boiling it in hot water for a couple minutes works well, and doesn't hurt the finish or discolor the metal like a torch would.

And by the way, welcome to Chordie!

Everyone else has the right idea. Bend it to your liking. If you screw up, they are cheap enough to replace. It`s not a major part. Actually, I have lost all mine because I remove them right away.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.