Topic: The Day the Sun Refuses to Hide

Short little folk rocky song I was having fun with today thinking about all my chordie friends having fun down in Florida. This goes out to topdown, Zurf, mekidsmom, beamer and the rest of the chordie crew beaching it down there at Chordiestock II. I am there in spirit. I'll get a scratch recording of this up on my soundcloud site soon.

The Day the Sun Refuses to Hide Jeff Gilpin

Feb 22 2014

Intro strumming B

Verse 1

[B]Woke up to a sunny day

So I [E]thought I’d go out[A]side

To [B]get a little sun on my [E]skin. [A]

[B]But when I went outside

A cold [E]wind hit me in my [A]face

While the [B]sun kept on shin[E]ning. [A]

Pre-chorus

[G]Mother nature [A]playing tricks a[B]gain

[A]While the [G]sun was high [A]in the [B]sky. [A]

[G]I was about to [A]go back in[B]side

[A]When I [G]asked [A]myself [E]why.

Chorus

[E]Cloudy days un[A]til today [D] [A]

Now the [E]sun shows its [A]pretty face. [D] [A]

Well [E]be it hot or [A]cold I don’t [D]want to stay in[A]side

The day the [E]sun re[A]fuses to [F#]hide.

repeat Verse  - pre-chorus - chorus

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: The Day the Sun Refuses to Hide

Congats, Like it a lot.

The King Of Audio Torture

good  to go jets,thumbs up.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks guys.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

any  chance  of a  vid  of  you  doing  this Jeff ?I  really  like  the  changes  in  the  pre chorus

Shoot, I'm not the best at videoing myself, but in the audio I will put out I believe you'll be able to hear it, and I just use standard finger placement on the chords so there will be no guess work there. I might be able to show you on skype if you let me know when's good, but I think you'll get it once you hear it, and I will get that scratch up today.

J  E  T  S

Scratch is up on my soundcloud site now if you want to have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/the-day-t … refuses-to

J  E  T  S

nice one jeff, i'll have a listen later, but your words echo the way we're all feeling this side of the pond, some days are wet, some days are windy and some are cold, but usually they are all 3 at the same time. we had a nice sunny day today, with a cold wind, but that didn't deter my granddaughter one bit, she loves playing in the garden.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill - Glad you could relate. I do remember the weather being "interesting" when I visited your homeland a few years back. Sunny days were few and far between, even in the summer time. smile

J  E  T  S

10 (edited by Phill Williams 2014-02-23 21:04:18)

British weather is a little hit and miss, but when we get a good one we get a good `un. Case in point is last summer which was super-duper cool

PS, I listened to your song and was very impressed, very blues-y. I enjoyed it. Well done

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill - glad you liked it.

J  E  T  S

well played  jeff  nice  song .

Thanks Graham. Chord changes pretty easy to get once you hear it.

J  E  T  S

Hi Jeff
I thought the same as Phill the song sounds Bluesy in tone and yep the sun is shining today but there's a bloody cold wind blowing...:)

Thanks Ark - My idea was this: The person singing the song's been cooped up all winter because of bad weather. Now the weather is better, but not optimal, and they're refusing to stay hidden inside any more, just like the sun. I guess this is kind of a bluesy idea...or maybe someone shedding their blues and going outside in spite of the cold wind blowing.

J  E  T  S