Re: REFLECTIONS(DREAM ON)

Russell, great song and nice performance. I agree with Phil, a loaded up version would sound like the Big Hair bands of the 80's. It has that sound a great rock band could use. And I'm sure you could put some killer licks in there. My friend and I often record two versions of some of our songs. We do an acoustic version we call Back Porch version and a loaded up version with percussion ,bass, lead and what ever ,we call it Up Town version. Just something to think about. Again very nice.

Joe

Hi Russ,

Haven't been around much but I'm glad I stopped by. Really nice tune, you had me from the first notes.

Well Done, real curious on what Phill's imput is.

Cheers smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, great song and nice performance. I agree with Phil, a loaded up version would sound like the Big Hair bands of the 80's. It has that sound a great rock band could use. And I'm sure you could put some killer licks in there. My friend and I often record two versions of some of our songs. We do an acoustic version we call Back Porch version and a loaded up version with percussion ,bass, lead and what ever ,we call it Up Town version. Just something to think about. Again very nice.

Joe

Joe thank you for the encouraging words Phill had mentioned he would like to expand the arrangement and sent me some ideas for it I have had other things on my mind so I have not proceeded with it. I have given permission to Grah1 to use this song in an upcoming concert there band is playing for a children's benefit in Crete I am always open to other musicians ideas so far I have finished a drum track that will serve as a guide for additional tracks and can be erased later for this song I just have to get off my rear and lay the bass, guitar and vocal and send them back to Phill with my apologies for not getting to it sooner I am also working on a new song 'Dagger" it is a good hard blues not to mention building a guitar I just finished busy busy smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

KAP54 wrote:

Hi Russ,

Haven't been around much but I'm glad I stopped by. Really nice tune, you had me from the first notes.

Well Done, real curious on what Phill's imput is.

Cheers smile

Ken

hi Ken been a while glad you enjoyed this with regards to this song I wrote the music and lyrics Phill has sent me some keyboard and drum tracks he recorded over the video sound track to see what I thought as mentioned above I am working on recording this on my Tascam DP24 smile

30 (edited by Grah1 2014-03-18 18:30:55)

Many  thanks  to  Russ  for  the  use  of  this  song  in our  june  gig at  Rethymono castle we'll  give it  our  best and  hope  you   like  our  interpretation .

Grah1 wrote:

Many  thanks  to  Russ  for  the  use  of  this  song  in our  june  gig at  Rethymono castle we'll  give it  our  best and  hope  you   like  our  interpretation .

Good luck with the gig I did record an mp3 version with and without drums for Phill to add some 'Stuff" (parts) I still plan on adding a lead guitar solo in spots and at the end smile

hey grah, hope you're going to record the performance and post it for us all to hear in "battlefield conditions" so to speak?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

33 (edited by Phill Williams 2014-03-18 23:08:21)

i've had your email russ, i'll get onto it ASAP

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

A  recording    is  definite  Phil

Phill Williams wrote:

i've had your email russ, i'll get onto it ASAP

ok I shall await your contribution smile

Russell,
I'm sure you could have left the title as it was. I've seen many of songs that have the same title as other more well known songs! I listened to your song and its pretty good.

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

getfiddle wrote:

Russell,
I'm sure you could have left the title as it was. I've seen many of songs that have the same title as other more well known songs! I listened to your song and its pretty good.

I didnt want to take any chances but your probably right there are many songs with similar or identical names thanks for listening smile

Russ,you know as I get a little older I seem to look deeper into the lyrics of songs. You are a master at writing something others can feel. You and some others on this site truly inspire me. This is another example of your wonderful craftmanship. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Dave

hummin n strummin wrote:

Russ,you know as I get a little older I seem to look deeper into the lyrics of songs. You are a master at writing something others can feel. You and some others on this site truly inspire me. This is another example of your wonderful craftmanship. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Dave

I echo what Dave many others have said....I came back after my initial listen and upon reflection, your song is now firmly fixed atop my covers.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:
hummin n strummin wrote:

Dave

I echo what Dave many others have said....I came back after my initial listen and upon reflection, your song is now firmly fixed atop my covers.

I am grateful others like this and covering it is the sincerest form of praise thank you! smile

hummin n strummin wrote:

Dave

Thank you Dave made my day smile