Topic: Monday Morning.

I was in the shower this morning and unless I have to concentrate on something I'll always have music or a song going round my head. I guess most of us are like that? Anyway, as sometimes happens the first line of this song popped in my thoughts, so then I had to think up the second line etc. When I'd got the first verse I had to find a chorus, it just happens that I had 4 lines of a song that had been hanging round for a few weeks (it's always worth writing bits down) which became the chorus. The bridge is from a song that I'd scrapped a few years ago, worth keeping that too, to me anyway! I've just this minute finished it and will be recording it tonight.

Monday Morning.Undefined

[Am] When I woke-up Monday morning –

[C] I thought today will be a great day, [Am] yes I know. [C]

[Am] The sun was in the sky and shining.

[C] Every cloud had a silver lining – [Am] high and low. [C]

[Dm] My sweet baby called me, and I [G7] knew.

Life life could get no [C] better.

[Dm] Then she said those words and broke my [G7] heart.

“I never want to [C] hurt you baby.

[Dm] I never want to hurt you baby, [G7] but there's someone pulling us [C] apart.

[Dm] I never want to hurt you baby, [G7] but there's someone pulling us [C] apart.”

(CHORUS)

[G] How you [C] want it. [G] That's how you [C] got it.

[G] Be who you [C] want to be. But [Am] be who you [D] are.

[G] I know you're a [C] dreamer. [G] Your dreams mean the [C] world to you.

[G] Playing by the [C] rules. Never [Em] gets you very [D] far.

[Am] When I woke-up Tuesday morning.

With those [C] tears still in my eyes – hurting [Am] deep inside. [C]

[Am] Clouds from hell to daybreak, and the [C] rain was falling.

Wind was blowing – [Am] wished I'd died. [C]

[Dm] My front door and my phone were silent.

[G7] Not a sound but my heart defiant.

[C] Those words were playing [Em] over [Am] in my mind.

[Dm] When she said those words and broke my [G7] heart.

“I never want to hurt you [C] babe. [Em-Am]

[Dm] I never want to hurt you baby, [G7] but there's someone pulling us [C] apart.

[Dm] I never want to hurt you baby, [G7] but there's someone pulling us [C] apart.”

(CHORUS)

[Am] When I woke-up on Friday morning.

Storm clouds [C] disappearing, didn't [Am] feel so low. [C]

[Am] When I thought about my baby leaving.

As [C] if she'd died and left me grieving, [Am] on my own. [C]

And I [Dm] wondered who had stole my baby?

[G7] Never take her back, well maybe.

[C] And those words were playing [Em] in my [Am] mind.

[Dm] When she said those words and broke my [G7] heart.

“I never want to hurt you [C] babe. [Em-Am]

[Dm] I never want to hurt you baby, [G7] but there's someone pulling us [C] apart. [Em-Am]

[F] You were my inspiration, [Fm] you were the backbone of my [C] life.

[F] Without you there how could I could I carry [Fm] on?

You're my dedication, [Am] still you hurt me with [G7] goodbye.

[Am] Once again it's Monday, [C] I wake-up feeling like [Am] today's the day.-[C]

(CHORUS)     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Monday Morning.

Kind of a sad heartbreaker I'll give a listen when you finish the recording nice lyrics Phill smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Yeah . . . you  know heartbreak is coming when a woman says, "I don't want to hurt you . . ."

this is true artie, i haven't any personal experience in being dumped, i've just watched a lot of films lol

OK thanks russ, i've done a scratch tonight, i'll have to listen to it again tomorrow to see if it's as bad as i think it is....!

Good song phil.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Great to see your still writing lots feel. These lyrics have a good feel to them. Looking forwards to hearing the recording.

Gotta go...on the puter at work cause I have no net at home.

Cheers smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Phill Williams wrote:

this is true artie, i haven't any personal experience in being dumped, i've just watched a lot of films lol

OK thanks russ, i've done a scratch tonight, i'll have to listen to it again tomorrow to see if it's as bad as i think it is....!

smile your too modest I'm sure it will be fine.

Great song. Don't you love it when a song falls into place. Keep writing.

Joe

hi tyson7, thanks, it took a bit of searching and knowing what i was looking for. i think the end result is good though.

hi russ. no it was an absolute nightmare! everything was wrong. i've done it again tonight from scratch, the beat was too fast, the drums wee awful, there were a multitude of guitar errors and the harmonies and vocal were sickening. i originally wrote it in Eb, then took it down to C, so my voice wasn't at all at home. so i've put it back up to Eb. i have finished the recording and i shall be putting it up on my space later. hope i get a few listens and comments.

phill

kap54 where are you?  howdee ken great to hear from you after all this time. sometimes the songs just come out like that, hope the recording is up to the great comments.

phill

thanks dino, i'm trying, or as the wife says; very trying!

i've uploaded the song onto Myspace, you will hear it if you click the web link to your left.

i've also put it on sound cloud but have no idea how to set up the link, any help would be appreciated.

phill

Phill Williams wrote:

i've uploaded the song onto Myspace, you will hear it if you click the web link to your left.

i've also put it on sound cloud but have no idea how to set up the link, any help would be appreciated.

phill

I had a listen, very haunting and somewhat dark but that aside I enjoyed it! it almost seems like two songs the second half bridge progression has really nice changes the first half seems more folk music genre lots of nice things in this smile

Phill Williams wrote:

hi russ. no it was an absolute nightmare! everything was wrong. i've done it again tonight from scratch, the beat was too fast, the drums wee awful, there were a multitude of guitar errors and the harmonies and vocal were sickening. i originally wrote it in Eb, then took it down to C, so my voice wasn't at all at home. so i've put it back up to Eb. i have finished the recording and i shall be putting it up on my space later. hope i get a few listens and comments.

phill

ahh the burdens of creativity weigh heavily at times such is the nature of the beast lol

Phill

I listened to it on your myspace website - sounds very nice...  captured the emotion of the moment I think .....  quite sad

I did have that thought from the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza says - " it's not you it's me"     pop into my head though, and it made me smile in the middle of this sad song. smile

Well done though.     It is funny how things pop into your head for songs....... showers, riding in car, walking with the dog --- they just seem to come out anywhere they choose.
anyway - thanks for a nice song Phill

JK

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

thanks jimmy,

it's a funny one for me cos when I started writing it was kind of up-beat, then I came back to it a little later and it had become a bit country, so I gave it that country twist and took it from "I love you baby" to "oh no she's dumping me!" and back to "I'm getting better" at the end.