Topic: Covers for my non FB Chordie friends

Recorded a couple the other day and put them up just on facebook.  Nothing too fancy, just me and my guitar recorded on my phone.

Danny Boy:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 … 4852099016

Delta Dawn, because Toney asked me to play it at Chordiestock II and I didn't know it yet.  wink
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 … 6058188765

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Covers for my non FB Chordie friends

Hi mekidsmom! I'd really like to listen,but I don't have facebook. Is there another link I could go to hear them?

I have checked out some past posts and you have an awesome voice!!  Looking forward to hearing these too!

I set those to public, so you should be able to click on the links and view them even without facebook.  Let me know if it doesn't work though!!!

Amy, Very nice. Don't make us wait so long for the next ones.

Joe

Amy great as usual,I wish I could sing half as good. I could not get any picture,only a tiny bit at the bottom of the screen.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Amy,
Man...I wish I had your confidence in front of a vid cam. It makes all the difference in the world. smile Awesome voice.

Great job on both Danny Boy and Delta Dawn.

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Please post more. I could listen to you sing every night!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Awsome! That was so good Amy. For sure you have a special gift. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

That was great Amy!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Very nice Amy. How are you liking your guitar? I remember when you got it but I don't remember the model. The reason I'm asking is I just got me a 000-15m and it looks very much like yours. They both sound great.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Nice Amy.

Such a sweet voice.

deadstring wrote:

Very nice Amy. How are you liking your guitar? I remember when you got it but I don't remember the model. The reason I'm asking is I just got me a 000-15m and it looks very much like yours. They both sound great.

That's the one!  smile
It sounds much better in person, as you know.  Congrats on your purchase.  I'm sure you'll love it and never regret it for a second!  Wayne handed me a set of Martin SP's ... and that's what's on it now, but I have to say I like the Martin silk and steels best.  They don't last as long, but they sure do bring out all the mellow tones to this model (and they are super easy on the fingers). 

THANKS EVERYONE for the kind comments.  Working on another tear jerker, although I have to be honest, my fingers are sore.  I haven't forced myself to play enough since chordiestock.  That's one thing I NEED to do more.

Okie Dokie... another one up.  Click on the Website link under my picture to find it... IF YOU DARE!!!! 

(yes, I already had a drink this afternoon.  Yes, I'm a little Kookie.  no, there's really nothing scary to clicking on my website link).

Ok Amy I took your dare and I'm glad I did! That was fantastic. So heartfelt,the singing and guitar playing was spot on. I got the feeling you poured your soul into that performance. Top notch for sure!!

Dave

nice  performances Amy you  have  a good  voice.

16 (edited by mekidsmom 2014-04-10 11:40:07)

I'm having an issue getting my "featured video" to change.  "Sort Of" is the new one for those looking.  "Broken on the floor" is an original that I made in 2011.  FYI.  smile

EDIT:  Got it fixed.  You should now see the right one when you go to my YT page.  smile

17 (edited by naolslager 2014-04-13 12:23:43)

Wow! Amy now I understand all the compliments about your singing here on Chordie. I think your rendition of Danny Boy is one of the best I've heard. Thanks for sharing with your non FB friends.
Dj

P.s. And recorded on a phone. Incredible.

I missed this. Great job Amy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I just listened Amy.  Wow!  Great job!   Your style is unique and I liked that.  Your voice was spot on and your liberties with the phrasing came off really well.  10 thumbs up!  Well, I don't actually have 10 thumbs, but if I did, they would all be up.  You keep doing it.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI7y9ivs5Y[/url]  lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyW2SEHfzM[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WeJjPLqyQ[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcYALHslEY[/url]

A few more added.  Click the website link under my name and look for the youtube app within facebook on a computer, or go directly to the tube, www.youtube.com/mekidsmom  smile 

And thaks DJ, Pete and Gabby!!!!

Amy your voice is a gift from above,keep on singing and thank you for sharing it with us.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

22 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-08-05 20:52:46)

Nice!

Sounds Like a fun song. I'm thinkin' I might have to give that a try. smile