Topic: NGD x 5, but not for me

Being the eccentric Englishman I decided to do something different for my impending birthday. I have 5 students who have been with me for 2 years or more who all have acoustic guitars so I decided to get them another guitar for my birthday.

My longest standing student, Filipa, has always liked my Fender electro/acoustic and has had it on loan since I got my New Tanglewood. It is now hers along with it's rather battered hard case, mind you she is in Germany for 2 weeks and will not know till she returns.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7023/13744490865_3aee2eff2c_z_d.jpg

For the others I bought 4 used, black electric guitars, had the bodies repainted and rebuilt them with new strings, strap and gig bag.

AnaTeresa, who is a very good singer and rhythm player, has a Maison with twin Humbuckers.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/13744889854_191cb8e789_z_d.jpg

Raquel, who is the heavy rocker amongst them, has a Dean Baby ML.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7207/13744524583_0f367ea23a_z_d.jpg

Daniela, who is shaping up to be an excellent lead guitarist, has a Aria Pro.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/13744495475_877207478b_z_d.jpg

And finally my little princess Lia, who is just nine and is starting to play some lead parts, has an Encore with a single Humbucker. It is slightly smaller than a full size guitar and so suits her smaller frame.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/13744893794_b88e522e68_z_d.jpg

As three of them came for their lesson today, and they have just started a two week holiday for Easter, I have handed them out today and delivered the fourth one today.

I had some very excited students, making lots of noise, both vocally and musically, today smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: NGD x 5, but not for me

Now that's a great way to reward & motivate your students, Roger ... hat's off to you, mate! You must have been thrilled to see each of their reactions to their new guitars. Nicely done, man ... that's impressive!

Way to go Roger! That's great!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Roger I'll bet your students think you are the best guitar teacher on earth. They may be right!! That was very generous of you. I hope the "new" guitars inspire them to greater heights.

Dave

Wish I had a teacher like you,two thumbs up Roger.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That's a cool way to celebrate your birthday!  I want to be like you when I grow up.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

So cool,, You told me about this  on skype. the ML is so very cool,, but we all know Idd be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.,,,
Happy birthday and congrats to your students.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

A happy birthday to you Roger!!

Happy Birthday Roger, such a wonderful way to celebrate your day.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Happy birthday Roger!!! What a great teacher you are..... of not only music but kindness.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes but they are premature. I gave them out early to clear space and, as they have a two week break, it gives them time to have fun with them. smile

Roger

Anyway my grand kids are back in the UK and all working so I have adopted my students as surrogate grand kids, therfore I am allowed to spoil them one in a while. lol

Roger

Happy B-Day,  you are awesome...

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Very generous and kind of you!  Now, you're birthday isn't for a few more weeks... I wonder what they will get for YOU!  smile  I hope you at least get one of those silly GIANT b.day cards that says, "Best Teacher EVER" or something.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

The pleasure is in the giving, as they say! Typically generous of you, Roger - and eccentric, too!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

What a great way to celebrate and enjoy your birthday. Would love to see pictures of your students with their new guitars.

What a brilliant gesture Happy Birthday !!

hi rog, you are such a generous person and i bet the pleasure is in the giving? many happy returns of this day, and in case i forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY fo when the time comes.

in welsh; PENBLWYDD HAPUS.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Happy birthday! That is one fantastic way to commemorate the day - a generous spirit in music is very infectious and I'm sure your student's will "pay it forward" to others one day.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Happy Birthday Roger!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Roger that is awesome what you did for your students. smile They gotta be thrilled into next year with you. I'm guessing your gonna have a real good birthday this go round and deservedly so.

Happy Up and Coming

Cheers

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)