1 (edited by dino48 2014-06-09 01:07:25)

Topic: electrofied!

I finelly dug out my old Dean Markly soundhole pickup and put it on my little Takamine,sounds really great through my Epiphone amp and I can use it on my full sized Yamaha. I guess I do not have too buy an acoustic electric guitar now. I bought this around 1982. I am going too see if I can dig out some other old gear I have.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: electrofied!

Sometimes finding and using old gear, is almost as fun as buying new gear.

Glad to hear you like the plugged in version of your guitars too. Now make some noise!!

Dave

If the amp is for an electric guitar you're not getting the best sound. Try an acoustic or key board amp and you can really tell the difference.

nela

I have a Fishman Neo-Buster I put on my 8o's Yamaha and get great sound from it. The problem I have is tripping over the cord hanging down in the front. The cord could also be a little longer.

Ya this is really a lot of fun I have wanted an acoustic/electric for a long time and I kinda forgot I had this one,Nela thanks I am sure it would wok better but it sounds great on the epi amp, Now I am looking for my Tom Schulz? Rockman (Boston) it is a personal little amp with headphones and a way to hook it into a larger amp. It gives the guitar some of the Gibson sound and substain on an electric. I can use it on both. You can put it on your waist and walk around.  xmas in june!! Now I can save more money for my Martin.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm glad you're getting good sound from it. I get a buzz from my Seymour Duncan soundhole pickup.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

7 (edited by beamer 2014-06-10 03:17:05)

Rockmans clean sound  is totally awesome, the distortionis 100% Boston! that was also the downfall,, they always sounded like boston LOLOLOL but for a headpone amp or a pre amp,, they really are the cats meow! ROCK ON! they now have the metal ace and the rock ace,, not sure wihch one is the original,, but they are down to 60 bucks. They were a coupple 100 back when they came out! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I found my rockman! now I can get some Gibson sounds/substain on my straocaster. I also have too clean my garage now.