Topic: Help needed from the "OVER YONDER" members

As a lotta ya'll know I just bought a 1989 DY72 K Yairi 12 string guitar. I am having a difficult time finding any information on the guitat such as the build spec's and other technical information. From what I have found out a K Yairi is NOT a Alveraz - Yairi and was not sold in the States. The K Yairi guitars are hand built in Japan and sold on the international markets while the Alveraz models were sold in the US. I have tried the KYairi.com website but keep getting a "access denied" promt. Other sites are all in Japanese and that looks like "chicken scratching" to me and I can't read it. If anyone across the "big waters" has any information or can find some information it would be greatly appreicated. Just want some history on the model and whatever information is available.

Thanks,
Nela

2 (edited by jets60 2014-06-20 18:57:19)

Re: Help needed from the "OVER YONDER" members

Found this on the Guitar-List website. It has some specs (8) but not a whole lot else. If you have a picture I am sure the Guitar-List website would want to add a picture of your Yari to their summary info as well, since it doesn't appear they have one yet. Hope this helps: http://www.guitar-list.com/alvarez-yair … -12-string

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thanks, Jeff. I'll try the website.

Nela

Jeff, I went to the site you provided and it is one I had gotten too from another portal. Their acoustic page forum has no information and the posts are 2 and 3 years old. This DY72 does not have the name Alveraz anywhere on the guitar. The only name is K Yairi on the headstock and the soundhole label. It also list the builder as Kazou Yairi. I called St Louis Music Company and talked to their support guru and was told that the Alveraz / Yairi and the K Yairi are different guitars and they have little info on the K Yairi. Kazou Yairi apprenticed with Alveraz Guitars and that was how the Alveraz / Yairi was started and sold in the US. When Mr Yairi went back to Japan he began handbuilding the K Yairi guitars that were only sold on the international markets. SO i'VE BEEN TOLD. Anyway, from the lack of information I'm finding on this guitar I'm wondering if it is unique here in the States. I do know it's well made, play great and sounds awesome. I've carried it to our local music store where I was again told the guitar was of excellant quality, handmade but it was not a Alveraz. I do have the serial numbers as well as another set of numbers on the neck block that I know Martin, Gibson, Taylor and others use to obtain the history of their guitars. This DY72 is 25 years old but you would think there would be some information, somewhere. I'm just trying to find out where somewhere, is.

NELA