1 (edited by Grah1 2014-06-18 07:01:29)

Topic: Matala beach festival again

Nearly  time  to  rock  the  beach again  ,had  the  last rehearsal  last  night  awesome !!!!!  some  new songs  some old ones  .

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/p370x247/10394662_10201216647137198_5274492326094053358_n.jpg

http://www.reverbnation.com/gbbluesbandcrete

Re: Matala beach festival again

Grah looks like a super good festival and to top it off no charge to get in and camping,hope you will post some pics or better yet a video of your band playing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by Grah1 2014-06-19 05:48:58)

May be the last time this festival happens sadly as the newly elected council are very anti festival which is pretty stupid as last year it generated six million euros income for the area.We are going to make the most of it we open the proceedings at five o'clock which is pretty good and we get an hour to play.I think the reason for the new council's feelings is the money generated by the event doesn't go into the council coffers, a bit narrow minded as the area needs tourism to survive and the sixty thousand that came last year is a hell of a lot by any standard.Any way enough ranting let's play some rock n roll.

That is government,and its a shame,I HATE POLITICANS,they are cockroaches. That is a lot of money,make sure the whole crowd knows about it.Have fun playing and I wish I could be there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Played our set at matala last night absolutely brilliant went like clockwork thanks to antonis on the desk and luigis stage management.we did nearly an hour finishing with bullfrog blues .only problem the camera failed but we did get one good vid which I will post soon .

sounds like fun too bad the camera failed we are looking forward too seeing it.

Day 2 @ matala played in the streets for a couple of hours with my friend Cindy then watched the starlite Beatles and Tony sfinos band Tony was fantastic a real showman the starlite Beatles were mediocre but got a good reception

8 (edited by dino48 2014-06-22 01:39:13)

Hard too look and sound like the Beatles! I went too your website you have some good tunes there. Badeye recently posted some youtube  videos of Elvin Bishop,I think you could do his songs well. Travling shoes, Fooled around and fell in love,etc. just my opinion. Ya they are from the 70's but kinda blues/rock. Guys got some wild lookin eye's.

Ok I'll check him out dino it's good to find some different material to suit my voice.the thing with tribute bands is you've got to be as good as the act you pretend to be and sadly these guys couldn't do the voices ,I'm probably the only English guy who doesn't like the Beatles but l can appreciate a good cover .the Santana tribute that followed us on Friday were fantastic so it shows that it can be done.maybe I'm just being to picky about tribute acts and shouldn't criticize as there is obviously a demand for this stuff

I think you could do his songs good.do you check out badeyes Friday's blues post it is has around 750 posts on it. If you are looking for rock you might be close too the Rascals  (or Young rascals) Felix cavillari ( Good Loving, ) check out there youtube. I like the Beatles but mostly George Harrison. I think my favorite singers/songwriter is Van Morrison, Power Voice! not anyone I have seen can do him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0h84ohlFs0
this is  a  short  vid  sorry  about  the  quality   but  the  camera man was  Australian   and  part  Kangeroo

Sounding good grah,keep it up. Ya he looked like he was moving around a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wB9ge-TX3s

This  is  a  Kinks  song  /To  the  bone  hope  you  like  this .

Good song,the kinks are great,how much did the camera guy have too drink? he was all over the place.

15 (edited by Grah1 2014-06-24 13:31:10)

The sand was too hot to stand on ,my wife did this one ,at this point she was sober .later we  drank our selves stupid..'...hey isn't that the name of one of our songs!!!!!!!!!

Makes sense now I hate walking or standing on hot sand. Your co singer the girl looks pretty but she looks tall, I thought most greek people were short. Good you hsd some fun drinking it up.

Elpida is Australian Greek we have played together for a number of years she has a range of about 3 octaves and can sing almost any style .the local choir rate her as a star the maestro George papadakis who organises and trains them has worked on Broadway musicals in the past.I wish she had more time for what we do but we have to share her and get her to sing when she can for us.

It looks like a really cool gig! Wish I could have been there.
Some nice guitar work there too Graham!
                                                                                                                       Dave

Cheers H n S appreciate the comments ,it would be good if a bunch of Chordians  could make it next year if the festival happens again.

That will be a definite add to the bucket list! A beautiful part of the world for sure. Throw in great music and good people......priceless.
                                                                                                                                                         Dave

Grah1,  Some folks would take that as a standing invitation, and I'd personally love getting back into that part of the world for a visit..... How's the Council feel about West Coast Hippies camping on their beaches?   That is IF they decide to give it a go next year.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

22 (edited by Grah1 2014-06-27 05:17:51)

Doug for the last four years the camp site has been free for the festival  or you can get a room in one of the many small hotels for around 30 euros a night if you pre book , food at the festival is also cheap and good  souvlaki pita with fries about 2-50 ,street pasta about same and the raki flows like water.

I might have to save up for a little gettaway next year I could use a vacation (a real one) just being retired is not a vacation as I am busy with projects and teaching and this may be what the doctor ordered smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Grah1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wB9ge-TX3s

This  is  a  Kinks  song  /To  the  bone  hope  you  like  this .

Nice song..thanks for sharing

thanks  darshan  glad  you  like  it .