Topic: Zurfapalooza

I'm going to host some burgers and brews at my house on Saturday, August 2.  I live in (very) Northern Virginia.  Let me know who is interested in coming. 

Kick off around 3PM.  Throw some burgers on the grill a little while later.  I'll start things with some soda and beer, but donations to the communal cooler are welcome. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Zurfapalooza

rickyjack wrote:

If only I lived closer....that's my kind of fun.

Seems we both have the same problem rick,its a little too far away and sounds like a ton of fun,thanks for the open invite zurf.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, Zurf - would love to be there, if I could! Are you doing the usual River/Camping Jam this year?

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Boy that's really tempting.

I'll just have to decide if I want to drive to VA. on Saturday, then turn around and drive to the extreme north of Pa on Sunday. I've already committed to play at our family reunion on Sunday. That's a lot of miles in a 24 hour period.

If you don't want it out in public, send me an email as to where in Virginia you are. I'm 35 miles north of Gettysburg.

Flight is booked - I'm IN!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Zurf, that really sounds like a good time! I can't make it this year but I'm hoping it will become an annual event. Maybe next summer I can get down you way.
                                                                                                                                                         Dave

Unclejoesband - This isn't public so much as it is my back yard, or if the weather is poor in my basement (it's finished and comfortable).  You'd be welcome to join us.  I drive to Gettysburg frequently.  It's roughly an hour's drive from here to the outlet malls, so adjust your distance accordingly to make your decision.  It's an easy drive on good roads down route 15.  I don't know how many are coming, but I know you'd have a good time. 

Where's the family reunion?  I know some parts of northern PA, too.  My family's from Elk County and my sister lived in Cowanesque for quite some while.

If you want to meet up in Gettysburg sometime and pick a few tunes, let me know.  I'd be up for that.  I'm sure we can find a piece of grass somewhere to set up a camp chair and pick.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

hummin n strummin wrote:

Zurf, that really sounds like a good time! I can't make it this year but I'm hoping it will become an annual event. Maybe next summer I can get down you way.
                                                                                                                                                         Dave

Most summers we do at least one.  We've met at a campground along the Shenandoah River in Virginia, and at a campground along the New River in West Virginia.  I've thought of doing one at a campground at Raystown Lake in Pennsylvania.  Mekidsmom did one at her house in upstate NY last year.  Topdown has had two riotous events in Florida in February.  You should get a chance sometime. 

None of these are official, sponsored Chordie events, and honestly I hope they never get that way.  They're just members who say "I'm going to be at such and such a place, at such and such a time, and I'm going to be picking music.  I hope you can join me." 

- Zurf

Sounds great Z! 

Sorry, can`t get there from here tho - you wouldn`t have a contact in INS (HLS?)?  ...Misspent youth wink
Might have that fixed this year so you never know...

Have fun!!
Jim

BTW if any of you yanks are ever doing the American pilgrimage to Alaska, consider a stop in Prince George - we're pretty much on the way!

jgreen wrote:

BTW if any of you yanks are ever doing the American pilgrimage to Alaska, consider a stop in Prince George - we're pretty much on the way!

I've been wanting to get to British Columbia for trout and steelhead fishing.

jgreen wrote:

Sorry, can`t get there from here tho - you wouldn`t have a contact in INS (HLS?)?  ...Misspent youth wink

Wait, I just caught this.  Are you saying that mild mannered JGreen, folk music lover and the epitome of casual elegance, has been kicked out of an entire country?  I love it. 

Good luck getting things squared away.

Bad weekend for me Zurf. I'll be in Pensacola to celebrate my oldest grand daughter Molly's 17th birthday.  My grandson Sam will turn 14 on August 25th so we'll also have an early celebration for him too before we leave.  He has begun taking guitar lessons so grandpa plans on bringing him a new guitar for his birthday.  Maybe we'll pick a couple tunes together and pretend we're at Zurfapalooza. wink

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Zurf, you know I'd sure want to be there but it just ain't possible. That's the weekend I'll be judging the Ms Nude Grandma Compition at the nursing home. I'm tasked to be counting teeth, this year, and will be giving the award out for "Most Original Teeth". Hopefully I'll get moved up to bosum measuring next year and give out the "Longest Bosum" Award. Gonna be a big event, here, with a pudding eating contest, walker races, bluest hair contest, longest walking fart contest and many more. Wish all ya'll could be here.

Nela

Zurf wrote:

Unclejoesband -Where's the family reunion?  I know some parts of northern PA, too.  My family's from Elk County and my sister lived in Cowanesque for quite some while.

I know the name is different but it's still me. I haven't been able to log on since I made that post so I created a new email address and account. I sent emails to "admin" and "support" but haven't heard anything.

The reunion is in Mansfield not far off Rt15. Some of the family is in southern NY and the rest is in the Williamsport/Lycoming Co area so Mansfield is a central location for most folks. Takes me about 3 hours to get there. I was planning to go up sometime Saturday and stay with my folks. Then ride the rest of the way with them but I may give that a little more thought.

Zurf wrote:

If you want to meet up in Gettysburg sometime and pick a few tunes, let me know.  I'd be up for that.  I'm sure we can find a piece of grass somewhere to set up a camp chair and pick.

That's a distinct possibility.

I know Mansfield and Billsville. I grew up just down 220 a piece in Lock Haven. Long drive to do twice in a day.

Zurf wrote:

I know Mansfield and Billsville.

Billtown. smile

Joe

We always called it Billsville.

Man!  I wish I could just hop a plane!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

As much as I hated to do it, I just cancelled my reservation for this event. I'm going to be busy moving out of my condo into a new place the next few weeks and as I have been traveling for work weekly, my time at home has become more of priority. Additionally, rumor is that the Bus will be closing on 8/3 and I want to be there to close it out in style!

Hope to see everyone in March for chordiestock III

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Man that sucks! the Bus is closing?? and I barely go to know her!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

NELA wrote:

Zurf, you know I'd sure want to be there but it just ain't possible. That's the weekend I'll be judging the Ms Nude Grandma Compition at the nursing home. I'm tasked to be counting teeth, this year, and will be giving the award out for "Most Original Teeth". Hopefully I'll get moved up to bosum measuring next year and give out the "Longest Bosum" Award. Gonna be a big event, here, with a pudding eating contest, walker races, bluest hair contest, longest walking fart contest and many more. Wish all ya'll could be here.

Nela

I loved this Nela,keep up the good wit!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

topdown wrote:

As much as I hated to do it, I just cancelled my reservation for this event. I'm going to be busy moving out of my condo into a new place the next few weeks and as I have been traveling for work weekly, my time at home has become more of priority. Additionally, rumor is that the Bus will be closing on 8/3 and I want to be there to close it out in style!

Hope to see everyone in March for chordiestock III

Disappointing to me, but I will never begrudge a father working to find a better suited living accommodation for his family. 

Also, the bus. 

Not many folks are "in", but I'm hoping a few of the local folks I invited will stop by.  Otherwise, it might just be me and Topdawg. 

- Zurf

Bump.

Reminder that this is today.  We haven't got many coming, but you're still welcome to join us. 

Call my cell at XXXXXXX - this number will be deleted in a couple hours - for my home address if you are interested in joining us but haven't responded to get my address. 

60% chance of thunderstorms.  We're going to start on the patio, but if it rains I have an inside location all set as an alternate.  Adult and soft beverages, wings, burgers, and salty snacks are ready.  Not a vegetable in sight, but for lettuce and tomato for the burgers.

Edit: I abused Moderator powers to edit my post to remove the phone number.

Like.    sure a long way from home,  hope you guys rock till the wee hours.....

badeye     cool

one caper after another

Wish I lived closer Zurf it sounds like fun I hope you all have a good time.