Topic: The Big Sea

I  hope you  all  like  this , I  wrote  it  today  for  some of my friends who are suffering from this awful disease. You know who  you are  fight  it and win, stay strong. 

The Big Sea by  Graham Windle  copyright 11/07/2014 © all rights  reserved 

Em                    C
Staring at the big sea
D                                   A
Wonder where I’m gonna be
A                           C
In a month from now
                  D
or maybe two
Em                            C
It wouldn’t matter any way
D                                A
If my dreams are blown away
A                            C
as long as I am some where
               D
next to you
             F  –------ G                       Am
And I realise.....  what it means to love
Am           F–------ G                 Am
and I realise........ just what I have
Am                 F–--- –----G                            Am
And I really know oh oh  what you mean to me.
           F                              G                    Am
As long as your with me I can cross the sea

Em                    C
Staring at the big sea
D                            A
Thinking just of you and me
A                                 C
all the things that we’ve done
            D
in our life
Em                        C
Every bend on every street
D                             A
went to make my life complete
A                                C
I know it would be empty
                D
with out you

F  –------ G                       Am
And I realise.....  what it means to love
Am           F–------ G                 Am
and I realise........ just what I have
Am                  F–------ G                            Am
And I really know oh oh what you mean to me.
F                                      G                    Am
As long as your with me I can cross the sea (repeat till  end )

Re: The Big Sea

I really like the lyrics grah,are you going to put a video out?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Ive  done  a demo  recording  using  my  looper and  drum machine .   So  I'll  try  and  get  that  on  tomorrow.

4 (edited by Grah1 2014-07-13 05:21:55)

I would  have  posted it  on sound  cloud but  there's  a problem with  the  uploader at  the moment  so its  hosted on facebook for now .Click  the  link and  select  open and  it  should  play . Sorry  about  the  cicadas chirping  in the  back  ground   there  going  mad  here at  the  moment .

https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/big-sea-mp3

I could find a clear link too the song,thats probalely because I am not to good with computers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

I could find a clear link too the song,thats probalely because I am not to good with computers.

Link doesn't work for me, either.

Ok guys I,'ll try and upload it again

It comes up as a blank page for me.

new link  this  works now

https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/big-sea-mp3

Great song graham? I do hope your friends will get better and win the fight,I lost my mom and dad too it. Let your friends know how much you care about them. They would not let me post a comment there,Iguess you have too be a member.

11 (edited by Grah1 2014-07-13 19:15:25)

Thanks dino I appreciate your comments,glad you like the song.I lost both my parents to the big C so it's a subject close to my heart.Both of my friends are fighting bravely I hope the will win

12 (edited by Grah1 2014-08-01 14:43:25)

Big  Sea  is  now  at  number  2  on the  Reverbnation Blues  chart  for  Greece
http://www.reverbnation.com/gbbluesbandcrete
If  every one  plays  it  from  this  link  maybe  we'll  get  Number  1 just  scroll  down  and  click  on the  song .

I really liked it a lot I can see why it is #2 on the list,hope you get too #1.

I just checked it out ..... and it's #1 Now!!

Of Course I had nothing to do with that, but there are a few Chordieans that might have tipped the scales.

Nice tune by the way.

Take Care and best wishes for your fighting friends, got a couple of those myself.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks guys  really  appreciate  the  support .Sadly  our  friend  Sally has now  lost  the  fight but our  other  friend  Linda is  looking  good  to  beating  it , she  has to  spend  the  next  three weeks  having   radio  therapy  then  hopefully  all  will  be  clear .Sally's  husband  Chas  who was onetime  Captain of  the  pirate  radio  station radio  Caroline, a station  all  Brits  will be  familiar with thanks  every  one  for  their  support .

I hav'nt heard this song so I have no idea how you wanted it to sound. So I just strummed away on my acustic guitar, then finger picked at the chorus real slow. It's a really powerfull ballard and the only problem I had was reading the lyrics when my eyes were welling up. Congratulations, a great piece of work

Thick as two short planks

17 (edited by dino48 2014-08-02 00:11:50)

I hope your friend linda makes it. Badeye just posted the regular friday Blues Fix you might want too check out Jeff Healy there.

Grah1 wrote:

Big  Sea  is  now  at  number  2  on the  Reverbnation Blues  chart  for  Greece
http://www.reverbnation.com/gbbluesbandcrete
If  every one  plays  it  from  this  link  maybe  we'll  get  Number  1 just  scroll  down  and  click  on the  song .

Nice progression and lyrics Graham well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks  for  the kind words "Keep it  real"I'm glad  you  like  it , if  you  listen to  the   links either   on Reverb  or  sound  cloud you'll   get  the  pattern .
Russell    thanks  also  for  your comments  ,I  need  to  make  one  of  those  vids  like  you  do  for you  tube  I  think   it  will  enhance it  greatly.

Nice song Graham.
As we get older serious illness effect all our lives one way or another.
Deserves to be No.1
Well done
Ark