Topic: the way to stardom

Speaking of musicians, a great talent, great songs, and a kind of virtuosity on guitar is not the way to stardom. There must be 1000ths of groups, out there, even great musicians, who never get farther than their rehearsal place, they don't see a stage, and they, at least a few, are just happy that way.
So, what is necessary to grow, talking about people who play since years together, and who developed in skilled players, what is the missing link?
Do you really need a manager, someone who creates a special outfit? Firing a few members?
If you see the beatles, they changed the drummer Pete Best for Ringo Starr (who had already tasted a little bit of the success cake?
Same happened to the Rolling Stones, I think Ian Stewart, who was in fact a kind of member in their very early years, and who played a lot with them after this decision. He didn't fit the profile, a sentence people use too often.
Or is it a kind of FEAR to play for a PUBLIC?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]