I never get excited about preseason, but there are some things I'm interested in watching. This is all NFL - I have another list for NCAA.
1. NFC West - Every game is going to be a slugfest. The Seahawks are the defending Superbowl champs. The 9ers are a team built very much like them. The Rams have one of the best defensive fronts in the league. The Cardinals seem to have sorted out their QB disasters. My bet is still whoever wins this division is going to win the SB.
2. Seattle's new receiving corps. Percy Harvin is healthy. They drafted a speed guy and a big bodied possession guy. Both look good in practice.
3. Johnny Manziel. Is this guy the second coming of Joe Namath or Ryan Leaf? I think he's got more Montana Corrections than Broadway in him.
4. Cam Newton. I love watching him play football, and he appears to be a lot smarter than he was as a rookie and 2nd year man.
5. Tennessee - The Titans have two of my all time favorite UW Huskies on them. This is a "do or die" year of Jake Locker. He either steps up (and stays healthy) or he's probably out of a job. They drafted Bishop Sankey who I think they'll love. He's a big power runner with a great attitude.
6. Golden Tate is a Lion - I think Detroit fans are gonna love this kid, too. Talks a little smack, and then steps up and makes *huge* plays. Playing alongside Megatron will be good for both guys.
Someday we'll win this thing...www.aclosesecond.com