Topic: Football post for 2014-2015

Hi just thought I would start a post for this season. We are going into pre-season games now my 49er's are playing the ravens this Thursday night and dallas is playing someone on the same day. We should have a good time with the ravens game ( Harbough vs Harbough). I know Russell, Jerome, Toots, and afew others like too talk on football any any one not familiar with it join in!. We also talk about some collage football.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Football post for 2014-2015

I never get excited about preseason, but there are some things I'm interested in watching.   This is all NFL - I have another list for NCAA.  smile

1.  NFC West - Every game is going to be a slugfest.  The Seahawks are the defending Superbowl champs.  The 9ers are a team built very much like them.  The Rams have one of the best defensive fronts in the league.   The Cardinals seem to have sorted out their QB disasters.   My bet is still whoever wins this division is going to win the SB.

2.  Seattle's new receiving corps.  Percy Harvin is healthy.  They drafted a speed guy and a big bodied possession guy.  Both look good in practice.

3.  Johnny Manziel.   Is this guy the second coming of Joe Namath or Ryan Leaf?  I think he's got more Montana Corrections than Broadway in him.

4.  Cam Newton. I love watching him play football, and he appears to be a lot smarter than he was as a rookie and 2nd year man.

5.  Tennessee - The Titans have two of my all time favorite UW Huskies on them.  This is a "do or die" year of Jake Locker.  He either steps up (and stays healthy) or he's probably out of a job.   They drafted Bishop Sankey who I think they'll love.  He's a big power runner with a great attitude.

6.  Golden Tate is a Lion - I think Detroit fans are gonna love this kid, too.  Talks a little smack, and then steps up and makes *huge* plays.   Playing alongside Megatron will be good for both guys.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Hi jerome,I have been looking at espn and watching other news and I agree with your choices. I see this year as one of the hardest ones yet. The Rams and Cards are not going to be easy too go through.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Should be an exciting season however it rolls.  Looking forward to watching the Hawks.... providing they get any games televised.
The Beast is back!

Good teams coming together on both ends of the divide.... so if everybody stays healthy, should be great!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

My 49ers got beat by the Ravens last night. It is still post season,they used for the most part their rookies,and the coach was watching them play very intently.he was not that concerned about winning.

So Johnny Football looked OK in his debut, and Bishop Sankey looked great in his.

Not much else to note after Preseason Game 1, most of which happened in some form of monsoon or another.  smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

So Johnny Football looked OK in his debut, and Bishop Sankey looked great in his.

Not much else to note after Preseason Game 1, most of which happened in some form of monsoon or another.  smile

Jerome I do not know which players you are talking about. I saw part of the Seahawks/Denver game both teams looked good. I did not get too watch all of it till the 4th quarter end ,they got lucky and got a turnover in the last couple of moments. I do not like Denver at all,never have. I do like Payton Manning. Omaha???

Thursday night they did an officiel candlestick park shutdown it was used by the 49ers and Giants, Paul Mc Cartney was there and played in front of thousands as that was the last place the Beatles played. ( except the infamous rooftop concert )

Ugly we got shut out 34 to 0. I think the coach is not showing his cards too the other teams,he is not playing many veteran players and not getting upset at all.

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Jerome I do not know which players you are talking about. I saw part of the Seahawks/Denver game both teams looked good. I did not get too watch all of it till the 4th quarter end ,they got lucky and got a turnover in the last couple of moments. I do not like Denver at all,never have. I do like Payton Manning. Omaha???

Johhny "Football" Manziel - Rookie QB for the Browns.   2 time Heisman winner, and heir apparent to Cleveland greatness.   Also a total head case.

You can't watch ESPN for more than three minutes without them mentioning him four times.

Bishop Sankey is the RB the Titans drafted out of the UW.  Fast, strong running back that doesn't say a word, so he gets almost 0 press.   They're pretty high on him down there, though.

Ok now I got it,ya they do talk about him a lot. Looks like your seahawks used the chargers for a practice team they did a number on them. seems I have heard something about Sankey

Manziel looked bad, both on and off the field last night.   Head case came out under pressure.

My guess: Hoyer gets the job, then loses it at the bye, regardless of his performance.

Ya I in the news Manziel was giving someone the 1 finger salute,not a good idea,looks like they might have a problem with him.

I was just going to keep my mouth shut about the Seahawks Bears game...... but naaah.

I was really embarrassed .......  for Chicago.

That's All;

Doug

sounds like the seahawks won doug,They did not show the game here. Jerome will be very happy!

Its to early to predict how good any team is till its for real

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Sorry you missed it Dino, when I tuned in at the end of the 3rd, the score was 31-0..... I hung around long enough to see a Chicago field goal in answer to one by the Hawks to get to 34-3.  Then it was supper time.

From what I saw, there is talent out there on both teams.  Just not all coming together yet but they will be trimming the rosters. The guys were doing 100% to show they were worth keeping, so it was a good game from an entertainment point of view.

I enjoy watching the new players on the teams. My 49ers got beat bad in both there pre season games,but the coach is playing almost all new players and does not seem concerned about winning he has been watching the new players very close. Russ that's true,I am glad too see I will be able too watch More Packers games this year!!

I'm never going to get excited about pre-season, but the 'Hawks looked like they were in mid-season form.  If that little taste of Percy Harvin was any indicator, they'll have an offense that can match their defense.  And they'll need that in the NFC West, where everyone plays tough D.

A real bummer about Sam Bradford down in St. Louis, though.  He blew up his ACL again and is gone for the season.  I heard the Packers lost a couple of starting interior linemen on both sides of the ball, too.

jerome.oneil wrote:

I'm never going to get excited about pre-season, but the 'Hawks looked like they were in mid-season form.  If that little taste of Percy Harvin was any indicator, they'll have an offense that can match their defense.  And they'll need that in the NFC West, where everyone plays tough D.

A real bummer about Sam Bradford down in St. Louis, though.  He blew up his ACL again and is gone for the season.  I heard the Packers lost a couple of starting interior linemen on both sides of the ball, too.

The pack lost BJ Ragi for the season he will be missed but with two weeks left they will find a solid replacement hopefully before the Seahawks game which is gonna be hard hitting on both sides

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

The pack lost BJ Ragi for the season he will be missed but with two weeks left they will find a solid replacement hopefully before the Seahawks game which is gonna be hard hitting on both sides

That's too bad Russell,I saw that Cam Newton will be out for Carolina.I am not sure for how long.

College Football in 'da house!

Texas A&M looks like they've replaced Johnny Football.   Kenny Hill threw for over 500 yards and three TDs in his debut as they dropped South Carolina in an "upset."    It looks like the Aggies introduction to the SEC didn't turn out to be the rough introduction that SEC faithful expected.   

Closer to home, Washington State "'Couged it" once again, and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, losing late in the 4th after fumbling a punt.  As a Husky fan, all I can say is "What did you expect?  They're the Cougars!"  big_smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

College Football in 'da house!

Texas A&M looks like they've replaced Johnny Football.   Kenny Hill threw for over 500 yards and three TDs in his debut as they dropped South Carolina in an "upset."    It looks like the Aggies introduction to the SEC didn't turn out to be the rough introduction that SEC faithful expected.   

Closer to home, Washington State "'Couged it" once again, and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, losing late in the 4th after fumbling a punt.  As a Husky fan, all I can say is "What did you expect?  They're the Cougars!"  big_smile

I watched the Cougars/Scarlet Knights game with interest last night as it's the Rutger's first year in the Big Ten and they're picked to finish dead last in the East Division.  I really feel sorry for the kid that fumbled the punt. Washington State should have won that game.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

I watched the Cougars/Scarlet Knights game with interest last night as it's the Rutger's first year in the Big Ten and they're picked to finish dead last in the East Division.  I really feel sorry for the kid that fumbled the punt. Washington State should have won that game.

DE

Don't feel too bad for him.  It wasn't his fault.  There is a reason "Couging it" is a thing.   WSU's ability to choke is legendary.  It's expected that they'll lose the big game, usually in the last seconds, and generally in some fashion you wouldn't believe if you didn't see it yourself.  Take last year's New Mexico Bowl.  Cougars up by 15 with 4 minutes left.  After failing to execute *a kneel down* to burn out the clock, they lost the game in OT.

So it's not his fault.  It's the fact that he is a Cougar, and is destined to fail forever at everything sports related.  If he played for USC, he'd have run that same kick back for a TD to ice the game.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … uging%20it

Sooo, in Pac-12 world:   The Huskies did not look good against Hawaii, but they were playing without their 1st string QB, who was suspended for egregious stupidity.    USC looked good playing a cupcake, and Oregon scored about 3,000 points against South Dakota.

Out in the SEC, Lane Kifffen looked his usual incompetent best as Alabama squeaked one out against West Virginia.   My prediction:  The Tide does not win another championship so long as that guy is on staff.