Topic: All Time Top 50 Guitar Effects

Here's a cool article from "Guitar World" about some of our old favorite guitar effects stomp boxes from over the years. It's a fun walk down memory lane, and I really like that an example of a song where the effect is actually being used is at the end of each slide:

http://www.guitarworld.com/mass-effect- … s-all-time

A couple of stand-outs for me personally are the Cry Baby wah pedal, and the Ibanez Tube Screamer. Nowadays, a respectable multi-effects pedal board - like my Boss ME-80 - has very good emulations of these pedals. Unless a person is a real stickler for exactitude, or just plain nostalgic, many of the better multi effect pedals will give most of us what we need, and are far more portable.

However ... enjoy the tour!

Re: All Time Top 50 Guitar Effects

Ya know, I just can't get on board with the multi-effects. I try as hard as I can to be as analog (or organic, if you will) as possible. I'm sure is psychological and bears absolutely no weight on my tone or sound...I'm also sure there are technique "things" i can do to improve my sound more than restricting my effects purchasing to stomp boxes.

3 (edited by beamer 2014-08-17 22:33:18)

Re: All Time Top 50 Guitar Effects

I like multi and I love my boxes! I'm a wannabe peddle whore LOLOL but as far as my favorites,, gotta be the old DOD Phaser and the Ibanez FL1 Flanger. so warm and killer!  Maybe because I never had a big Marshall, but the tube screamer just doesn't kick for me.   l like a RAT or  my MXR.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)