Topic: Nuns song

hi guys, i was sitting at the piano and a chord sequence came to my fingers and developed into this track. i've called it "nuns song" because i had a track on my new CD called "monk song" and anyway i couldnt think of a title. so if you'd like to give it a listen and comment, please follow the link below.

thanks

phill

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/nuns-song

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Nuns song

The arrangement and production was spot on. I liked this one very much Phill. You really did a wonderful job!
                                                                                                                                                                       Dave

Terrific job, Phill! Great melody and instrumentation. It's great on its own, but I'd also like to hear it with lyrics.

very  professional  sound  phil really  well  mixed and  played  ,itoo  would  like  to  hear lyrics   with  it  but even as an instrumental  its  great.

thanks guys, it was just a case of plonking out a few chords then sticking different instruments on over dubs. i'd never even thought of putting lyrics on it...something to think about though.

phill

Great tune Phill!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Phil,, I will pm you later, but just listening to y our song(very good btw) I whipped out 2 verses and a chorus.  Ill PM them to you in a bit.  Have to get caught up at work.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Phil,, I will pm you later, but just listening to y our song(very good btw) I whipped out 2 verses and a chorus.  Ill PM them to you in a bit.  Have to get caught up at work.

Great work, Beamer. Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with.

9 (edited by beamer 2014-09-05 00:16:47)

Phill has my ideas. its up to him to see if he likes the direction i went with it.   I am not going to post it out of respect for Phill's work it's his baby. smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

i've recieved beamers words, even though i'm not really that godly they look good. i havent tried them next to the track yet, i'll do that a little later. i'm waiting with baited breath to hear beamers words sung over the track.

WEll dont hold your breath for too long LOLOL it may take a few daysLOLOL

So for the rest of you guys here is what I am working with.

Tell me lady
Have you seen god lately?
So much going on with humanity
Have your prayers to him helped us to see?

Tell me sister,
Do you sit in your cloister
Praying for me?
Praying for the world to see?

Oh sister shine some love,
Love on me,
Sister shine some
love on me

Day by day as we kneel and pray
The world goes crazy as god stands watching stoically
You wear your habits for our redemption
And gods glory,  it’s starting to sound like a child’s story

Oh sister shine some love,
Love on me,
Sister shine some
love on me

Good words Scott but songs about nuns become habit forming

LOLOLOL you so punny

Hi Phill
Nice underlying melody and I liked the varying textures of guitar and keyboard echoing the main theme of the melody.
Standing alone as an easy listening piece it's good not sure where lyrics would fit in without a rewrite.
Still it's be done before.  smile
tony

Ark, Im working that out with it as is,, Im having a bear of a time resetting my Audacity and my mixer.once that is all back in sync, Ill post it.