Topic: wave pad

Has anyone tried wavepad yet?   its free, not as many options as Audacity and certainly not heavy duty like reaper or cubase, but for some fast easy to use software,, it is pretty cool,, uses vst also,,, time to start downloading some, (i just never played with them in Audacity)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: wave pad

I've  just  down loaded it  also  mix pad  both  seem ok but  there   seems  a  bit  of  latency  in the  recording   when you  do  the  second  track   this  may  be  down to  the  mic  in my  computer   as  I  haven't  got  an interface  which works  with  windows 8  yet

Scott  I've sent a wavepad  recording  on your  facebook  message   let  me  know  what  you  think   I've  done  this as  if  playing  live  using  looper  and  drum machine.

If you can get it to work for you that is great, I myself went with a good 24 track recorder with all the goodies and it cuts CD's to boot and the reason being to much time spent getting all the free stuff to do what I wanted, but that's just me others may fair better. I just use Audacity to render a WAV soundtrack for videos.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

GarageBand comes with a pretty healthy help system, which is where I'd start.  On my Mac, lesson's 3 and 4 in the help system are about recording vocal and electric guitar.

sara, I'm sure our Moderator will be flattered that you thought enough of his post to copy it here as one of your own.  Unsolicited Advertising on Chordie is Forbidden, so be aware that you are being watched.