Topic: loading VST's ??????

I spent a long time searching for win 64 vst's  downloaded them and can not figure out how to install them.  I tried to put them in my external hard drive in a vst folder i made so that I could tel each separate program where to look for them.  I guess that is not how to do it.  HELP

THanks!
scott.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: loading VST's ??????

What are you using for your VST host?  VST's have to have something to run in.  What are you using?

And which VSTs?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

3 (edited by beamer 2014-09-24 03:09:42)

oh  i thought that they could be in a common file! and then i could tell wave pad and audacity to fetch them from there. DOOugh!

So I need to put them into a vst file within audacity and wavepad.  Ill try it again.

AS to the particular ones,, LOLOL man IDK whatever would run 64 bit! lolol   few from voxengo, camel crusher, and a multi pac from TAL i think.   lots of the 32 bit ones I wish were usable in 64 bit. 
I posted all the links I used in the free stuff section.  spent about 2 hours looking and downloading and trying to down load.

Is audacity 32 or 64 bit on win 7 since i discovered win 7 has a 32 bit partition.  If it runs on a 32 bit then I can use the 32s for audacity and the 64s for wavepad

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

yea that Russian compressor you like so much is only 32 bit! LOLOL I looked for it.

That's why I still run 32 bit DAWs.   The bennefit of going to 64 is negligible, but it restricts the VSTs you can use.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]