Topic: Music movies

Just watched a great music movie Crazy heart with Jeff Bridges some good songs in there ,sadly none seem to be on chordie .I think I've got a couple worked out that I 'll probably do .Fallin and flying and Hold on you .

2 (edited by dino48 2014-10-06 00:46:38)

Re: Music movies

graham have you tried looking at misc movies here at chordie look in the M area. There are alot of tunes in there under different misc areas. Jeff Bridges great actor!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Grah1, I found this hanging out there, has the titles and artists list for the soundtrack, so you might be able to source the ones you want more easily'

http://reelsoundtrack.wordpress.com/201 … oundtrack/

Has a bit of video to boot!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Crazy Heart is a fantastic film.   It has most of my favorite actors in it (Bridges, Colin Farrell, Robert Duval, and Maggie Gylinhal) and "The Weary Kind" is a fantastic song in it's own right.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks guys sorted  now  I  found  another  one  "I don't know "these three  that  I  have now  suit  my  style  pretty  well

I never knew Jeff Bridges was an accomplished musician ... that's awesome. Really liked his take on John Wayne's "True Grit" character, and he was a terrific villain in the first Iron Man movie. He had great chemistry with Robert Downey Jr.

For a bit more laconic take on Bridges, "The Fabulous Baker Boys" is a great film with great music.   "Making Whoopie" has yet to be done better.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

It may be a almost B movie but I love the Eddie and the Cruisers movies due to the fact taht the sound tracks and John Caferdy and the beaver brown band was pretty darn good.

On the dark side is still a great song.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

The dude abides.

I enjoyed "The Commitments". 

My favorite part was when the band manager was explaining to the band how the group of pasty white Irish are blacks.  It made perfect sense. 

Also, when he was yelling at the backup singers for using their own accents, "It's not 'Roid Sally, roid'!!"

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

or you have the Wonders with tom hanks.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

beamer wrote:

or you have the Wonders with tom hanks.

Beamer I just saw that movie alittle while back,good one!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nobodys mentioned Spinal Tap yet its so true to reality ive identified with things in this movie so many times over the years,but as yet we havent had a drummer explode on stage

The Commitments
Once
Almost Famous
Crazy Heart
Inside Llewin Davis
The Pianist
This Is Spinal Tap
Crossroads (Ralph Macchio, not Britney Spears)
School Of Rock

Great films about music/musicians from my DVD shelf - I think The Commitments is my favourite.

Decko:  "If they're singing, what am I supposed to do?"
Billy:  "Why don't you sing along - you've bigger t!ts than all of them"

I'm the son of rage and love

More for the Brits, maybe, but "Oil City Confidential" is a very good, fun documentary about the British band "Dr Feelgood"...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Cross roads is great the Steve Vai bit at the end superb

20 feet from stardom, sound city, and Jimi Hendrix (the doc on netflix) are all great and so is the Tom Petty -running down a dream and the eagles4 hour one.

NO ONE HAS MENTIONED   WALK THE LINE with Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix   Such a great movie!