Re: Football post for 2014-2015

Doug_Smith wrote:

Well Jerome, you called that one for sure..... but with the "Peoples'" record not much of a surprise.  But if the Hawks had lost..... Honor would have dictated that we all fall on our own pizza-cutters out of shame.

Hah!

I thought they played a good game, though.  The Seahawks have trouble with big receivers behind their linebackers ( a function of the zone-3 defense they play), and that is right where Cousins was going.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I was surprised that the score was not higher for the hawks but the skins defense has improved a lot. I thought it was gonna be a Russell Wilson total yards on the ground day to win he did a lot of running. I guess skins RG is out for a long time with the ankle.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yeah.  It's a legitimate bummer about RGIII.  That guy is as exciting a player as you could find when he isn't broken.  Check out the 2011 Alamo Bowl (Baylor vs UW Huskies) for what I was hoping for from him when he came into the league.  That should have been called the Michael Bay Bowl.  smile

My patriots responded nicely... 

badeye   cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

My patriots responded nicely... 

badeye   cool

they have a good team and a great coach. Jerome RG111 is awesome but he has had alot of bad luck over the last couple of seasons.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Oregon nailed UCLA today! Ido not care for southen cal football teams.

GreenBay looked great today and pulled off a win at the last moment. I was surprised to see Seattle get beat by Dallas but they had a good defense.

The Cowboys appear to be for real! I love Russel Wilson, but I've been a Cowboy fine my entire life.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

The Cowboys appear to be for real! I love Russel Wilson, but I've been a Cowboy fine my entire life.

Yes it looks like they have most of the bugs worked out and at 5 and 1 they lead the division, great game and only the 2nd home loss by the Seahawks in the last 4 years.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

dino48 wrote:

GreenBay looked great today and pulled off a win at the last moment. I was surprised to see Seattle get beat by Dallas but they had a good defense.

Loved the Marino fake downing and toss for a 1st down storybook ending smile

Green Bay  "Got er Dun !!".
Arizona looked good from the little I saw, and Dallas came to play Football !!  The Seahawks, well........they didn't.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

So guess what I did on Monday?  I got on an airplane and flew to Dallas.  Plane was full of Cowboys fans that were at the game.   It was a long flight...

So anyway, as I mentioned at the top of this page, the 'Hawks have problems with big physical recievers, and Dallas has an All World tight end, and Dez Bryant is good sized and as physical as they come. 

I also don't know what has happened to their pass rush, either.  Going into the Dallas game, they had recorded only three sacks the entire season.

Ah well.  Can't win 'em all.  At least I don't have ebola.  (I think!)

In better news, the Huskies stomped all over Cal, so that makes me feel a little better, football wise.  And Mississippi State has knocked off three top 10 teams in a row, if anyone cares, and have leapfrogged Florida State for the #1 rank in some poles.

The cowboys and seahawks were blacked out in my area I only got to see highlites boy that must have been uneasy riding in a plane with them hope ya had a good time in Texas smile

Generally, the Cowboys fans were good natured and friendly, and Seattle people are notoriously polite, so the flight was OK.  The guy in front of me really knew the game, so that was a good conversation.   I asked him if he was treated well at the Clink, and he said everyone was great, except for one guy, and the rest of the 12s told him to shut up and stop being a [expletive].

I'm still in Texas.  I fly back in the morning.

90 (edited by dino48 2014-10-17 01:04:49)

The cowboys are getting better,I am real happy your huskies beat cal.I do not like southern cal teams. Get out of Texas!! Mike Holghram was checking out the Raiders team last week he lives close by any thoughts on that Jerome?

Holmgren is a regular on the radio up here, and did a pretty extensive interview about the Oakland trip.  He confirmed he was in Oakland and talked to the Raiders as a consultant about their offense.  He is friends with several people on their staff, so thats no big thing.  He said that no job was offered or even discussed, and categorically stated that he was "not going to be the next head  coach of the Raiders.... Probably."

Looks like the wheels have come off the Seahawks bandwagon.  Percy Harvin gone for a conditional sixth round pick.  Apparently the guy was locker room poison.

The bright side....  It's gonna free up a ton of salary cap space next year.   smile

Well that answers holograms thoughts, looke like our teams are not doing to good this year 49ers got whacked by Denver and your loss too the rams. I guess Russell is happy as the packers are doing good. I saw in the news that Harvin was going,you do not need someone too make a mess of your team so it may be the best thing to do. Did you watch the Norte Dame vs Flordia , flordia won in the last 1 second fantastic game.

I thought the Packers played a very well balanced attack with very few penalty's the defense was relentless hopefully they will carry that momentum to New Orleans next week and rest on a bye. I watched the 49er Bronco game Payton could not be stopped and the defense had an answer to Kaapernik. I didn't see the Seahawk game only highlights especially the fake punt return Chicago did it to Green bay and it would have worked but for a holding penalty smile

I missed Florida/ND.  Mississippi State is still the best team in the country, though.   Three consecutive top 10 teams knocked off is impressive.

I am almost sure Denver is super bowl bound. Russ the pacis rebuilding good. I hope I can get the Miss. game here next sat to see them play.

dino48 wrote:

I am almost sure Denver is super bowl bound. Russ the pacis rebuilding good. I hope I can get the Miss. game here next sat to see them play.

I agree they look really good, Time will tell if the Packers can keep going at a high level Detroit looks to give them an argument in there division Chicago and Minnesota have a real uphill fight for a wild card. Arizona and San Diego are playing very well Seattle needs to get on track again if they are going to challenge the division, the 49s aint out of it yet there a good team smile

49ers on a bye week,stanford beat Oregon. Seahawks got a win. now I am watching the packers and new orleans. this is gonna be agood game.

Ugg who were those guys? The pack looked bad no pass rush and no defense against the run. I don't know why they didn't adjust to the coverage on Nelson and Cobb they became one dimensional add a few fluke interceptions and you have a meltdown hopefully the week off will help. sad

It was sure a good weekend for Football around these parts.  Blustery, rainy, and a good lineup on the tube.....

Sorry Russell about the Pack!  But it was sure a bunch of Pure D matchups.  Nobody could make any yards on the ground or in the air, seemed everytime you looked there was a sack or pick or incomplete, or a rain of yellow flags on the field.  Offensive coaches were tearing their hair out, and if it weren't for the special teams...... it could have been more boring than Baseball.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Seahawks win ugly.  They need to do something about their offense.  A bit more pass rush this week, but man, they gotta do something.

Huskies lost to AZ State in a close one.  The Sun Devils are a great team this year, so I was glad to see UW play them as tight as they did.   The Husky defense is really good and really young (two true freshmen in the backfield) so the future is bright for that unit.  The offense, though.....   Ugh.   Looked like pop warner.   Cyler Miles was on the bench recovering from a concussion.  He can run, but can't throw.  The two young backups (also freshmen) just don't have the experience to deal with complex FBS defenses right now.  Their best running back is also their best linebacker, and is playing both sides of the ball on occasion.

Oh well, at least it's football!