1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-08-10 11:53:23)

Topic: Groovin' - new song

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Groovin' - new song

Tig I like it but you are getting very close too the Young Rascals or Rascals song called Grooving done in  the sixties or seventies.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I've  just  had  a look at  the  Rascals  song  and  lyrically  there  are some similarity's but  maybe the  same  thing  could  be  said  about many  blues  songs   using  the  same style  of  lyric .Though I  do  see  what  you  mean Dino

Tig iliked it I did not mean too insult you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

so jims song is called "groovin" how many songs have the title "i love you"? the title only describes the song and from what i heard there is very little similarity in the chord structure or the rhythm. cant tell from just the backing track how the words fit or how the melody goes so i don't see why this song has been reported.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

TIGLJK wrote:

Dino
LOL - I wasn't insulted - I just didn't get it. I 'm no where near good enough to be insulted:) 

All of you guys and girls  on Chordie  have my highest respect, I have learned a great deal from all of you.  Keep the positive criticism coming. 

Thanks for your responses....

Jim

Cool!!

Please gents no need for any problems over this post..
The song was fine. Just the posting of the lyrics of the song "Groving" could cause Chordie problems.
Now they have been removed all is good in the Chordie garden.
ark (mod Songwriting)

To my fellow Chordians

This whole episode has been a matter of bad communication, and filled with very good people trying to do the right thing.

I apologize to all  -  especially Russell .   I did not see his private email to me explaining what he was talking about.  I thought he meant that I had to take down the song I wrote because it was entitled the same as the Rascal's song.
I thought that I had been reported - but I didn't even know what that meant.

I also was unaware that you can't post lyrics - even if you give credit to the writers.  I certainly would never do anything to jeopardize Chordy intentionally.

Thanks to Phill for pointing out his thoughts and to Arklady and Roger G for taking the time to get things straightened out.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

9 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-10-21 17:05:49)

No problemo and I think you came up with some nice lyrics smile ps. you might want to delete your remarks as I did it never happened! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

ah ha !  I finally figured out what the names of the chords were that I was playing !!   I found this site - sure a help to all rookies like myself out there.  it is pretty cool - you mark the strings you are playing - it tells you the chord. 
It is at   

http://chord-c.com/guitar-chord-finder/

Nice find,I am going too save this for future use,thanks for sharing.