Topic: Babysitting Baby

I can't count the times I've used this trick, but on my grand-kids since I started playing after my children were older. Guitars and creative minds make great babysitting tools. Here it is if you want a listen: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/babysitting-baby

Babysitting Baby By Jeff Gilpin

October 26, 2014

Intro

[A] [A7]

[D]Can’t under[G]stand why my [E]baby’s [A]crying

[D]Can’t under[G]stand why it’s [E]making me [D]laugh [A]

[D]Shaking my [G]head be[E]cause there’s no [A]denying

[D]Sticking my [G]neck out like a [E]big [Em11]gir[D]affe

She [A]don’t want to [A7]eat she [D]don’t want to [D7]play

She [A]don’t want a [A7]story or [D]two [D7]

She [F#7]don’t want a bath she [Bm]don’t want some candy

And [E]I don’t know what I should [A]do

[D]Play her a [G]song a [E]little bit of [A]nonsense

[D]Making up [G]words as they [E]come in my [D]head [A]

[D]Finally she [G]stops to [E]give me her [A]own two cents

That [D]old Bronx [G]cheer that no [E]words could [Em11]have [D]said

[A]So I [A7]get her to [D]make up some [D7]words

[A]Adding to a [A7]song that means [D]nothing [D7]

[F#7]Waiting all day until her [Bm]thoughts have concurred

Got to [E]finish the song and [A]I’m not [A7]bluffing

[D]Who’s that [G]singing that [E]nonsense [A]song

[D]Making up [G]words so that [E]time flies [D]by [A]

[D]Can’t wait to [G]short or I [E]can’t wait to [A]long because

I’ll [D]do what it [G]takes to stop my [E]baby [Em11]from [D]cry – ing

Solo on the chorus/bridge chords - [A] [A7] [D] [D7] [A] [A7] [D] [D7] [F#7] [Bm] [E] [A] [A7]

[D]Finish the [G]song it’s a [E]freaking [A]masterpiece

[D]Sitting with my [G]baby to [E]help stop her [D]cry – [A]ing

[D]Play a few [G]bars and her [E]eyes start to [A]drooping she’s

A[D]bout nodding [G]off with a [E]smile in [Em11]her [D]eyes ….[D] [G] [E] [A] [D]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Babysitting Baby

Awesome !! - having had three little girls myself - I can appreciate this.  probably double effective about 4 am
Great job Jeff !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I like it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks guys.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I  too  appreciate  the words in this  song  Jeff ,but  I  didn't  sing  ours  to  sleep  it  was  usually    a  bed  time  story  or   a  drive  in the  car   for  one   until  he  fell  asleep.

Used to put my boy down to "Horse with No Name", or as he called it, "The Desert Song".  Gave your song a listen, Jeff.  I like it!

Thanks Graham - Road trips seem to knock out every one for me, including the wife. Strumming a guitar is always my go to when nothing else is working.

Hey Fretfull - Horse with No Name is a great song and I can hear it working as a lullaby  - Glad you like mine. Thanks

J  E  T  S

Jets, Great song, brings back lots of memories. Now it fits for the grandkids.  I like the way you keep cranking out your songs. Have you noticed the more you write the easier it becomes and the better your songs become. It's a real pleasure when you get a keeper like this.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Writing does go pretty well when I keep in practice. This one was particularly fun because it was about two of my favorite subjects: grandkids and songwriting. No matter how busy I get, I'll always have to make some time to sit down and come up with a new song or two. I can think of no better way to rid myself of all my built up stress. Nothing quite as satisfying as writing a song that is fun to play and has a catchy tune as well. smile

J  E  T  S

Nice job jets, I really liked it! I tried playing and singing to the grandsons too. Didn't work out so good, they cried louder.
                                                                                                                                                           Dave

hummin n strummin wrote:

Nice job jets, I really liked it! I tried playing and singing to the grandsons too. Didn't work out so good, they cried louder.
                                                                                                                                                           Dave

I know how you feel,I sing so bad I make most people cry.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino & Hummin -You guys cracked me up. smile

J  E  T  S