Topic: Thank You For Your Service, Happy Veteran's Day.

Yup we got that pseudo-holiday upon us again..... some get a day off work, and some will attend one of the ceremonies that might be held to honor those in service to their Country.... or past service.

But take a minute out of whatever you are up to and consider what our warriors have earned for us through History, and above all, if you see someone passing by wearing some indication that they took the oath, pause and say Thanks.  It means a lot.... Really!

As for me I will likely get together with a few fellow Marines tomorrow on the Corps' Birthday, and tip one to those of us that will not be attending this year.  Semper Fi Brothers & Sisters.

Thank You for Your Service.
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Thank You For Your Service, Happy Veteran's Day.

My kids are having Breakfast with my Dad at school today.  Big big ceremony for the Veterans. 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Grandpa - Cold War - Airforce
Grandpa - Cold war - Army
Dad - Vietnam - Airforce
Husband - Gulf War - Navy / Marine Corp. Unit
Brother in Law - Currently Serving Army Reservist

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-11-10 15:38:01)

Here in Canada, we celebrate what we call "Remembrance Day" in honour of our war veterans, living and passed on. For those who came back with terrible nightmares and such, the war continues to be fought in their minds. The rest of us enjoy so many comforts and freedoms because of what they sacrificed, that we should be grateful EVERY day. Which brings me to my next thing:

Last Monday, I drove by some middle-aged hippies in a town near here. There were a dozen or so of them, and they were displaying anti-war signs by the roadside. The biggest one read: "No Poppies! War is nothing to celebrate!" I didn't stop, because my temper would have got the best of me. How dare anyone use their blood-bought freedom-of-expression to spit in the faces of our beloved veterans! It's a week later, and I'm still fuming about it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...

Air Force vet here. I wish a safe day for all are vets overseas may they all come home.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

Air Force vet here. I wish a safe day for all are vets overseas may they all come home.

Thanks for your service Russ. I'm an Air Force vet as well. Reminds me of the Johnny Cash line from I Walk the Line...Johnny says, "I got a couple of songs I wrote in the Air Force. You got anything against the Air Force?" Record Producer Sam Phillips says, "No." Johnny replies, "I do."

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thanks for your service veterans.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman