Topic: commenting on / correcting songs

How do you comment on the chords shown on a song? Whenever I click on the "add comment" link (at the bottom of the song's page), nothing at all happens.

Re: commenting on / correcting songs

Howdy Dennis and Welcome To Chordie!!

First off, it's mot working for me either and I moderate the "Editor's" section of the forum.  So what's with that???  The site has been going through some changes and upgrades recently (in case some of you have been unable to connect, although not all are due to that alone), and it is possible that that particular functionality is not currently enabled (not used very often).  Work has been done to make things run faster and support newer devices (iPad, iPhone, etc.) so perhaps a little "fat has been trimmed" to that end.

I apologise for the inconvenience, and will inquire "upstairs" about the issue.

Thanks for posting, and hang around, get to know the "family", and Welcome Aboard!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-11-23 13:24:12)

Doug_Smith wrote:

The site has been going through some changes and upgrades recently (in case some of you have been unable to connect,

Well that explains it. I was thinking about inquiring as to why I couldn't log on a couple times this past week. Thanks smile

4 (edited by Doug_Smith 2014-11-23 16:47:40)

unclejoesband wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:

The site has been going through some changes and upgrades recently (in case some of you have been unable to connect,

Well that explains it. I was thinking about inquiring as to why I couldn't log on a couple times this past week. Thanks smile

That's not the whole story.... several major hubs have been going down (especially in the Eastern States, as well as Western Europe) due to power interruptions from foul weather.  Even standby generators can only run for a few hours without refueling, and if the trucks can't deliver fuel, things shut down.  this site gives you an idea about what is going on Globally:  http://www.outageanalyzer.com/
Assuming that you are able to connect at all..... you can also Google "Is Chordie Down" and see if the site is up or not. Or any other website you are having trouble connecting to.... I think Chordie is hosted in Finland or Norway or thereabouts.

Doug_Smith wrote:

Howdy Dennis and Welcome To Chordie!!

First off, it's mot working for me either and I moderate the "Editor's" section of the forum.  So what's with that???  The site has been going through some changes and upgrades recently (in case some of you have been unable to connect, although not all are due to that alone), and it is possible that that particular functionality is not currently enabled (not used very often).  Work has been done to make things run faster and support newer devices (iPad, iPhone, etc.) so perhaps a little "fat has been trimmed" to that end.

I apologise for the inconvenience, and will inquire "upstairs" about the issue.

Thanks for posting, and hang around, get to know the "family", and Welcome Aboard!

Doug

Doug I have been trying too comment on songs for years and it has never worked for me.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The 'Add Comment' and 'Add Video' was disabled about a year or so ago when it was used as a loophole for spammers to post adverts with the songs. Until something can be done to curb the spammers it will remain disabled. The edit (improve song) function is still working.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger, Doug, and all who responded. How about another question here, sorta related...If you come across a chord that you don't know - maybe even suspect could be a typo - and there's no diagram to be found on the page for that chord, is there any way to inquire about that chord? Or do you have a link that you'd highly recommend?

Or, to be direct about my most recent puzzle, what the heck is an "E(2"?  (All Things Must Pass; George Harrison)

8 (edited by Doug_Smith 2014-11-25 07:59:31)

Dennis11 wrote:

Or, to be direct about my most recent puzzle, what the heck is an "E(2"?  (All Things Must Pass; George Harrison)

OK I went there and see what you are talking about with the E(2) reference, if you look at the top of the page with the song on it you can see the site where the original song is hosted.  You can go there and see what was referenced (like the A(2) grid in chopro as displayed), there you will find the diagram for the chord that chopro was unable to format and display here on Chordie.  Once in awhile you will find a chord variant that defies "normal" convention and the the conversion software will just bypass trying to  figure it out especially if it does not have a grid in it's library (it's not that smart)..... artistic license is OK, and musicians sometimes push the boundaries looking for a particular nuance, but it leaves the rest of us guessing.

I think the site was xguitar.com in this case and it might be in text/tab format.....it is and was.
A(2)= 07X500

E(2)= 006400

E(3)= X7999X

Hope that helps;
Doug

Welcome to Chordie . When I need to find an unknown chord I go to chorderator.com. It shows a lot of different ways to play a chord and a way to listen what that chord sounds like.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".