Topic: Overdrive/Distortion pedals for slide

any recommendations for Overdrive/Distortion pedals for slide playing? actually for my homemade lap steel but i am interested in any you've used one with any electric slide playing

Re: Overdrive/Distortion pedals for slide

flester, I use a couple pedals for my lap steel. I use a Moore overdrive, Moore compressor and a Volume pedal. Settings to where you think it sounds best for your style of playing. I sometimes mix overdrive and volume pedals. Always use compressor. This is how mine is setup, lap to compressor to overdrive to volume to amp. Volume will give you a steel guitar effect, overdrive kind of gritty. Compressor just mellows it all out.
That's my setup.

Joyo classic overdrive same as a tso8 tube screamer at a fraction of the cost annd a bit of delay from what ever echo/reverb you have  I also add a trebble boost just to give a brighter tone helps cut through the bass and drums

I have been using the same effects for over 10 years Boss ME-50 tons of different overdrive choices stereo chorus.tremolo.even a wah delay reverb just so much to choose from I discover new sounds each time I use it and it works really nice with my slide playing. There are lots of choices for getting that sweet sustaining tone with some bite and delay ala Joe Walsh or Jeff Beck but you have to search for it once you do find it you'll know.

"Growing old is not for sissies"