1 (edited by oblivius 2014-12-31 04:35:05)

Topic: Cood sound but basic-> What would you call it

Hi,
If I'm centering around C (maj) would you call this chord (low to high starting 3rd Fret with C) C,F,Ab,C,G (second inversion?) "Fm9"? 
OR G7b9,11 no root or 5th...
I know the latter chord makes less sense exept that's it's the dominant if we're calling the tonal center C....Maybe it's something
completely different....Sound great tho try it...
ALSO:  Sorry if there's a better way to write/convey the chord itself...Great site...can't wait to look around
Dave

As an afterthought I suppose I should call it Fm9 and call the C the V7...I just like to try to think outside the box as it were...

Re: Cood sound but basic-> What would you call it

oblivius wrote:

Hi,
If I'm centering around C (maj) would you call this chord (low to high starting 3rd Fret with C) C,F,Ab,C,G (second inversion?) "Fm9"? 
OR G7b9,11 no root or 5th...
I know the latter chord makes less sense exept that's it's the dominant if we're calling the tonal center C....Maybe it's something
completely different....Sound great tho try it...
ALSO:  Sorry if there's a better way to write/convey the chord itself...Great site...can't wait to look around
Dave

As an afterthought I suppose I should call it Fm9 and call the C the V7...I just like to try to think outside the box as it were...

I would tend call it a Fm9/C since the G is on top and the C is in the root position but either way its a nice sounding chord smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"