Topic: prs acoustic

anyone who has a prs angelo is it great or not

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: prs acoustic

Hey Doc!  The hubster's been looking at them online but we haven't found any nearby to play.  We'd be interested to hear from Chordie members with any experience too!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-01-06 15:50:25)

I'd also be interested to know if any Chordians have played one. A particular point of interest is the slightly wider nut (1.75") on both their Angelus and Tonare Grand private stock models. Apart from Guild, I don't know many other manufacturers who make guitars for people with larger hands. Here's a sound clip from the PRS site featuring their SE Angelus Standard:

http://www.prsguitars.com/seangelusstandard/

VERY responsive to the tapping & hammering techniques being used by the amazing Todd Bauchspies, and it has a detailed rich voice.

LIEVAN!!!  Welcome back, buddy.  I have no information on PRS acoustics, but am glad to hear from you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I watched the video from PRS, man that axe sounds great.  I also check Youtube videos for reviews. But you still have to get your hands on one to know for sure. Enjoy the journey.

Joe

Tenement Funster wrote:

I'd also be interested to know if any Chordians have played one. A particular point of interest is the slightly wider nut (1.75") on both their Angelus and Tonare Grand private stock models. Apart from Guild, I don't know many other manufacturers who make guitars for people with larger hands. Here's a sound clip from the PRS site featuring their SE Angelus Standard:

VERY responsive to the tapping & hammering techniques being used by the amazing Todd Bauchspies, and it has a detailed rich voice.

I have a feeling that if we put a 40 dollar harmony  in that guys hands he could make it sound great also.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

7 (edited by beamer 2015-01-06 22:34:50)

beamer wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

I have a feeling that if we put a 40 dollar harmony  in that guys hands he could make it sound great also
Heck most times I hand my guitar to anyone and its gonna sound better than when I have been abusing it for 30 yrs!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

are they "superior" yep, f you go on the prs website, but do they beat a martin d45v?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]