Topic: Dear Guys and Ladies (I will NOT say "Gals")

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, but I am down with a really bad bug. I will spare y'all the details about what I am coughing up, but just know I haven't forgotten about you all, and that Peter Benson has a new fan. Pleas send me your YouTube Vid links so I can "FAN" Y'all as well.

Thanks for ALWAYS showing your fingerings of the chords with your playing! VERY important to an ol' drummer turned guitarist like me!

Love Y'all!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Dear Guys and Ladies (I will NOT say "Gals")

Thanks for Checking out my channel Bill. I haven't been very active on it recently, but plan on adding more songs as I get time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey Bill!  Being sick sucks.  How you get over it quickly!  I think there's links in my profile, if not there's a good chance you can find mine through Pete, or just search the tube for mekidsmom.  smile

Happy Strumming!
Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks for the note, Amy. I have my BluRay dvd hooked up in my bedroom and it gets YouTube through my WiFi which is set up here in my computer room, so all I have to do is subscribe to y'all and I can watch you from bed! I've been watching Peter's videos for a couple of days now since I haven't felt like getting up and coming in here. It's really neat, because it's a big screen and I can see Peter's chordings really easy and when I get to feeling better, I'll be able to play right along with him, you or anyone. smile

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

5 (edited by siggi56 2015-01-06 18:35:02)

Still hanging in there. My doctor told me yesterday, that this crud usually stays around for three weeks or longer. I'm still staying in bed (do you ever play your acoustic or electric while lying down, folks?) and only up and around a little. Amy, I', watching you on YouTube right now. You're doing Blues Traveller and you have a beautiful voice. See comments and I'll be watching and leaving comments on the rest as well. Thanks for the smiles! ------ Okay, I've listened to all of them and left comments. Thank you for thinking enough of me to share your work!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Sorry about your bug, Siggi. I get some bronchitis once every couple of years, and during that time I can do a pretty fair Leonard Cohen imitation!

Feel better soon, eh?

Bill, glad you're still listening to the doc and have a way to enjoy the random music on Youtube.  smile  Sure hope you feel better soon!  A lot of the Chordie members have music on reverbnation.  I haven't tried there yet.  My originals are on soundclick, here:  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu … ID=1094680 (I don't claim the cups song though... I just hadn't recorded that with vid and was going away on a trip and needed to put it somewhere quick at the time).  I'm working on a few more.  The hubster bought me some recording/mixing software for Christmas though, so I'm working on trying to make myself sound like a full band.  It's tricky!  LOL!  The one song on here, "Tequilla and Jack" is a compilation with a FEW different Chordie members.  Special kudos to Russell Harding and JJ Akerman for making it happen.

Thanks, Amy. I went to the link and listened to all the songs there, but when I tried to close out, the site didn't want to let me go, so I had to close out of the whole computer.

No matter. I loved what I heard and have just one question: Has John Prine ever heard of you? And if not, WHY not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqFFfVpnhQ

Your fan

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

tongue  I highly doubt he's heard of me, but I have heard of him!  wink  http://www.soundclick.com/player/single … p;newref=1  I'm sorry you had an issue with SoundClick.  It likes to open up new windows like crazy.  The above link will take you directly to the player page of that particular song (uploaded today just for you, but I'd been playing with the idea of getting the tracks lined up).  When done listening, simply close out the window it opens and you shouldn't have further issues, I hope.

I should note, this is allllll another member here at Chordie and the tracks were made a few years ago (all I'm worthy of here is background/duet vocals and lining up the tracks)

----  WAYNE , I figured out how to line the tracks up!  SURPRISE!  I know, I know it's not super duper great, but I hope you approve!!!!  If you don't, feel free to disown me, give me 20 lashes with a wet noodle, and I'll cry but happily take it down too.  wink  LOVE YA!