1 (edited by siggi56 2015-01-16 00:05:11)

Topic: Jim Deeming Live Stream

Hello My Friends

Just watching the live stream and one of the question I asked was what he might recommend for a person whose chord hand is arthritic, and someone suggested playing slide (Chris, I think it was and if he posts here, thanks again)

So he suggested a slide technique site, and I lost the name, so can someone help me out?

I have never tried a slide and I have my ring finger and pinkie which are not arthritic, so how would one address this?

I spoke to a guy at the guitar shop and he said "chord normally, you'll find the more you practice, the easier it will get even though you have the arthritis." Very painful, that.

Strangely enough, my picking finger (so far) has only the middle finger involved (can't bend it so it looks like I'm flipping folks off), so I think I may could still learn to finger pick with the slide, maybe a thumb and then one of those backward plucking picks. Would this be feasible?

In closing, I really appreciate you guys being so good to me!

Thanks,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Jim Deeming Live Stream

I use icy hot and an arthritis open finger glove. they help. You can also use icy hot patch so the strings do not get oily. I have an Esbana 335 and it has an adjustable bridge and a zero fret so it is very easy to play.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, dino48! smile

I'll give it a try. I use Icy/Hot on by back, but the fingers really only hurt when I chord, so haven't tried it there. I will take a look at your Esbana 335 (a new brand on me), and when you say "zero fret" you mean they're painted on, right?

Excuse my ignorance. I have good days and bad days and today I'm somewhere inbetween. During my high school years, one of my coaches asked my Dad, "Your son doesn't know a whole lot about sports, does he?"

My Dad replied, "know anything??? Hell, he don't even suspect anything!!!" smile smile big_smile

Have a great day, my friend and thanks once again!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hmmm. That must be a rare guitar, my friend, because I haven't been able to find one with zero fret although I did find a lot of that brand on a site called "Stuccu". Any chance of you posting a picture? Thanks again! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

5 (edited by dino48 2015-01-17 01:42:11)

siggi56 wrote:

Hmmm. That must be a rare guitar, my friend, because I haven't been able to find one with zero fret although I did find a lot of that brand on a site called "Stuccu". Any chance of you posting a picture? Thanks again! smile

Bill

I do not know how too post a picture,they are not rare at all, try looking for a Espana  175 instead.the zero I am pointing out is a nut on the top fret right below the notched nut. the guitar is an archtop electric.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman