Topic: Do Y'all Ever Collaborate?

Just wondered if you ever do that with some kind of copyright agreement that neither benefits or that you'll split proceeds?

Apologies if this sounds like a dumb question, but I have a little "sung to the tune of" song I'm working on and I could use a little help. Nothing really earth-shaking and not looking to make any money, just need to get it out of my head! (ever happen to you?).

Anyway, it's called "Caligula" and it is sung and played like the old Hank Sr. song "Kaw Liga". I know it's 3 syllables against 4, but it works.

I'll stop here till I know there's no rule against sharing what lyrics I already have.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Do Y'all Ever Collaborate?

Howdy again Bill,

That's what this section is for.... sharing your original songs for consideration, advise, collaboration or just getting it published as provenance of copyright.  So, if you wrote it, you can sure post it here!

If it's a tune you'd like a little help with, there is a "sticky" at the top of the Recording section for the Chordie Recording Network (mostly folks who have tossed their names in to assist with adding instruments or vocals to your tune) and there are quite a few folks here in the songwriting section available to "play around" with your tune and perhaps come up with a "new" arrangement from a different viewpoint.

once you post it, you own it and I think everyone respects the concept.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Do Y'all Ever Collaborate?

Okay, Doug, thanks again! wink

Since the lyrics are incomplete, I'll post what I have as poetry then. Also, since the chords are "known" to us (;)) already, I'll wait until it becomes a real "song" before posting it as one. I think I have that correct.

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com