Re: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

Well, that puts the "kabosch" on it for us, then Margarator. Too far for us to drive and because of my dementia and having caused a 3 car accident in which three people (including me) almost died, I took myself off the road. My wife Dondra is 67 and couldn't drive that distance anyway.

That and our fixed income...... Dangit! I sure would like to have met y'all, but that's the way these things work, I reckon.

Hey, how about this: Let me call at a pre-arranged time, put me on the speaker phone and I'll say "Hey!" to ya. Would that work?

Thanks anyway, y'all and I'll be there in spirit!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

77 (edited by topdown 2015-02-06 20:23:01)

Sorry to be so late making my mind up, but have finally decided that, unfortunately, I won't be attending after all. At the moment I can't really justify the cost & time away from home. Also, Mrs Norm and me are hoping to get to NYC sometime this year, and Mrs N just doesn't travel on the cheap!
Sounds like it will be an absolute blast, though - I look forward to hearing all the gory details! I'm sure you will all enjoy meeting the mystery guest
Cheers!

Edited by topdown - the mystery guest is supposed to be a "mystery" :-)

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Bummer

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Yo Jeff!

Steve & Tommy here!  Playing our acoustics tonight down in my studio!  We're psyched about heading down I-4 to Chordiestock III. Gonna need your address at some point to make the pilgrimage.  Hit me at soswald123@yahoo.com.  Looking forward joining you and your peeps!

Bummed about that Normtheguitar. Looking forward to meeting the mystery guest in person, seeing old friends, and meeting some new ones. Looking forward to introducing Bee rad to my dear friend Jefferson. Anywhere else it'd knock his socks off, but it's Florida so I guess Jefferson will knock his flip flops off.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The "Mystery Guest" has given permission to announce his name. I suspect he wants to take a more active participation in the discussion smile

Drumroll................. Flying over 4,000 miles, all the way from Portugal..... our Laid Back Moderator.... the one and only .... Roger Guppy!

Really looking forward to finally meeting you in person Roger!

Cool. Wish I could make it to meet the famous Roger Guppy. And the rest of you of course

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Oh boy! Now I'm super excited!

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys too. I feel as though I know most of you even though we have never met ...................................... yet smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Whoops, sorry Jeff, I may have let the mystery cat out of the bag!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

Oh, I see what you did there. Good job!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

I'm gonna have to quit opening every new post about this! Y'all are makin' me jealous! wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I'm gonna have to quit opening every new post about this! Y'all are makin' me jealous! wink

There's always a bus trip.

89 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-07 22:09:11)

unclejoesband wrote:

There's always a bus trip.

Now there's an idea! I haven't ridden the grey dawg since I was in the USAF. Unfortunately, this too will have to be approved by my caregiver (aka wife) as I tend to get lost very easily on my own.

I'll check it out and let you all know.

Thanks, Joe! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Okay, just got back from a thorough investigation about bus fares, the ride, etc. and I don't think that's going to be a good way for me to travel. If I were 20 years younger and weren't demented, maybe. My wife just nixed it, too and she'd have to be along to handle the meds, etc.

Not gonna work riding the bus. Not a Greyhound.

smile

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

91 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-02-08 06:30:30)

That's why they invented Trains!  So folks could get up, wander around, visit the dining and club cars, watch the scenery, nap, and of course not have to wander too far afield to find a restroom.

Sadly, unlike Europe.... they don't go everywhere, but if you're not in a hurry can be a lot more economical than flying.  Checked out a trip to visit friends in North Dakota mid summer, and it was like $750 to fly and $149 on Amtrak  Well No!  I checked and for some unknown reason the train goes from Antlanta to DC (where you gotta hang out for 8+ hours) and then get on another heading South for yet another 11+ hours to Tampa.
At least my overnighter to Williston was continuous. Guess that's why so many of us go by air!. 

As for the cat being out of the bag..... I guessed awhile back that Roger was planning to attend (the hint was in the comment about "swim trunks" and "swimming lessons", along with something that Toney mentioned) but I can keep a secret.

Roger,  Have a good trip and make lots of good memories!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

92 (edited by dino48 2015-02-08 01:42:45)

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Okay, just got back from a thorough investigation about bus fares, the ride, etc. and I don't think that's going to be a good way for me to travel. If I were 20 years younger and weren't demented, maybe. My wife just nixed it, too and she'd have to be along to handle the meds, etc.

Not gonna work riding the bus. Not a Greyhound.

smile

Thanks

Bill

Bill its not a good idea to take a greyhound,I did it cross country when I was 30 and it was hard then.sounds like you made the right call. I did not sleep or eat good on the trip. Trains are great lots of comforts,but will cost more.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

93 (edited by soswald123 2015-02-08 02:23:13)

JT!

Thanks for the skinny! Tom and I are really looking forward to the jam!

I'll assume there's going be a P.A. of some sort...

See y'all at the gig!
SteveO & Tommy da Phat

soswald123 wrote:

JT!

Thanks for the skinny! Tom and I are really looking forward to the jam!

I'll assume there's going be a P.A. of some sort...

See y'all at the gig!
SteveO & Tommy da Phat

I hope this doesn't turn into an open mic format with a PA - I much prefer a circle with some good ol' acoustic pickin' like last year.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

I hope this doesn't turn into an open mic format with a PA - I much prefer a circle with some good ol' acoustic pickin' like last year.

That was my understanding as well; all acoustic.

All acoustic it is! The only reason I asked is I recently showed up at a party that I thought was a campfire gig, with my campfire guitar, and it was a full p.a. situation. I was out gunned!

Big ol' campfire circle format, with each taking his turn and others joining if they know the song. We've done a few jam songs where everyone plays, and those are neat, but for me the big fun is hearing everyone's individual selections and styles.

Now some folks have used practice amps, and that's OK, but it's not a big stage bash format.

This year its so big, I bet we'll see more than one circle going at a time with folks floating between them. Or maybe not. We've had quite a few pickers along the New and the Shenandoah and it's worked. The Gettysburg bluegrass jam got upwards of 40 pickers a week, and 'the circle' worked.

We had a PA last year and it never got used. No - like Zurf and DE say, this is more of a campfire circle. There might be a few guys plugged in to provide electric lead licks and I suspect a bass player may plug in as well, but it is very much an acoustic jam.

I hope the bass is plugged in lolol   Steve was always drowned out last year.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Did you ever try doing American Pie? I would think that would be a good long song for the event.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman