Re: Football post for 2014-2015

I respect the team a lot. They have one of the best coaches in all the leagues. I know what you mean about cable tv!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Speaking of Cable TV.....  Yeah, they've pretty much tied up broadcast sports haven't they?  Seriously, if the tube is on and I'm sitting in front of it for more than 20 minutes or so.... you can pretty much bet they've got a game or the news on.  So if you gotta watch, you are gonna pay for 117 channels that are never in the queue.  Well there is one exception, PBS, and I can get that with a coathanger and a ball of foil !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

cable and sati lite are getting rich off us, I do not have much choice otherwise.😰

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Looks like it will be a seahawk vs patriots this year. I like the Brady bunch.

The Pats dominated the whole game, which made for a good watch.

Frankly I thought the Hawks were done early on, as Green Bay brought their "A" game.  As usual the Seahawks made a bunch of stupid fouls which cost yardage and seemed unable to hold their own against the Green Bay rush.  If not for a few outstanding strokes of luck in the way of interceptions and such it could well have ended differently.  I feel sorry for those that switched off early in disgust, as the whole thing turned on the last half of the 4th .

Looking forward to the Feb 1 matchup in Glendale!  Should be another memorable one.

Since Dino has dubbed Badeye and myself as "The Brady Bunch", we obviously couldn't be happier with last evening's performance.

But the real story is Packers - Seahawks game, which kept us all glued to the TV set. Wow ... didn't see that coming!

twice they had the ball on the 1 foot line and on fourth the kicked a field goal I think they should have gone for it even if it didn't get a touchdown the Hawks are backed up inside there one yard line just too many poor decisions like after intercepting the ball the guy slides and lays down instead of gaining more yards and possibly scoring the killer was the onside kick they should have called a time out and talked it over as to who would block and who would go for the ball they shot themselves in the foot.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Tenement Funster wrote:

Since Dino has dubbed Badeye and myself as "The Brady Bunch", we obviously couldn't be happier with last evening's performance.

But the real story is Packers - Seahawks game, which kept us all glued to the TV set. Wow ... didn't see that coming!

LIKE.    go brady bunch,,   lol

badeye   cool

one caper after another

someone is trying too say the pats deflated thier footballs they used in the game,I don't think so and they would not need too against the colts.

Deflateagate is what is happening in football news today someone is accusing the Pats of 11 oft of 12 balls being underinflated. This could hurt the Pats if they find that they did it intentionally.

186 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-01-21 21:11:05)

Yeah Dino.  I'm wondering what demented stretch of the imagination it took to come up with that..... although the News is all over it like a coyote on roadkill.

I like puzzles... so I've been thinking about this a little.  My football says to inflate to 15psig.  I have no idea what the League requires, and if it is etched in stone or is there some leeway, like + or - 2 pounds?  To my mind, you start with a pile of footballs sitting in some nice warm locker-room-like environment.  Somewhere around 70 degrees F, and you got almost 40 new balls to air up.  You have some kind of compressor and you inject air into all those balls checking each to see that the required pressure is in each one, then they are tossed into some big wheeled hamper to get dragged out to the field when the time comes.  So far so good. The bladders stretch out filling all the voids between the leather shell and the rubber, and maybe the leather and lacings stretch a little too.  The pressure drops a little because of it.... then game time, the cart goes out to the field where it is (lets say 25 degrees, like Green Bay) cooler.  The pressure drops relative to the temperature (old Physics here), and if memory serves, you lose around 2 % for every 10 degrees of difference. P2=P1(T2/T1). A 12.5 psi ball at 70F would be roughly 8.9 psi at 50f.

Not a big difference to my mind, but a difference.  Is it enough to point fingers and say "you cheated"?  To me , that's a stretch.  Granted that a softer ball is easier to grip & throw/catch.... if everybody is playing with the same group of balls.... don't both teams get the same and equal advantage?  How does that change the outcome appreciably?

I watched that game and it all came down to yardage and the ability to make downs, and make points.  Bodies, not balls decided that game.....

I do not think they cheated,if they were not inflated it could be because of the formula you have or even a bad guage. They did not need too cheat!

The Brady Bunch cheating,,,  nooooo...   its funny tho...

Go Pats,,,,   Badeye   cool

one caper after another

The pro bowl is on right now,they changed some rules and the location

Just wanted to wish everyone a good and stress-free week coming up, and if you're on the upper East Coast, please take care of yourselves. I see where some severe weather is heading your way!

Good Night

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

As far as the Brady bunch the Packers spanked them at Lambeau

I saw that russell , j nelson just caught a ball and made a touchdown in the pro-bowl.

dino48 wrote:

I saw that russell , j nelson just caught a ball and made a touchdown in the pro-bowl.

good for him dino i was watching Netflix and my new dvd "Lucy" didnt practice today felt to lazy got to get back at it tomorrow

Super bowl !! almost here, Got my beer (Samual Adams),some snacks and will be ready too watch the game and also the commercials puppy bowl etc.

I see that NBC is streaming the whole thing online for free this year.  So there is no excuse for burning the burgers, at least not because the commercials weren't timed right!  Just don't broil your iPad, I doubt warranty will cover fire damage.

Be safe out there & enjoy!

Doug

No bbq for me I got a special pizza coming over.  Well my prediction for this year is Pat's win by 3 points. It will be a dogfight I think.

Good Call Dino!

My Mama taught me if you got nothin' nice to say you should just say nothin'..........

"Nothin' !!"

You can quote me if you're inclined.

Doug

Yay,,,   The Brady Bunch rocks....   What a close game, could have went either way,,,

I won a box of beer on that game, I will drink it with the looser,,, 

Go Pats,,,   badeye   cool

one caper after another

Two well matched teams, and a great game to watch. That one Seahawk's passing play at the end will be analyzed by the media for weeks (snooze).

Good game all around I was pretty closein my prediction only 1 point off.  Did you see the " Brady Bunch commercial" )