1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-01-24 19:38:45)

Topic: Ever Had To Pawn Your Guitar/Equipment?

I have and it broke my heart to have to do it, but it was matter of fulfilling a promise.

This was when I was still single (I remarried my present wife after 25 years of being divorced) and it was in conjunction with one of my solo bicycle rides  (from Texas to Georgia) for the Humane Society. One of my sponsors, who was to have paid for my and my team's overnight accomodations (2 nights) backed out at the last minute and there was just no money, so I pawned my beloved Tak Jasmine and one amp, and got enough to pay for a night's stay. He had forgotten to "clear" it

When the hotel manager found out what I had done (I was pissed off), he very graciously made a few calls and we got a refund, but that's how I came to pawn my stuff.

No one knew I had done this (not even my 2 person team), but I did, and it sure hurt till I got my next paycheck.

I sincerely hope none of you have ever had to do this, but honestly, the guilt was overwhelming.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Ever Had To Pawn Your Guitar/Equipment?

No, but I've shamelessly exploited other people's difficulties by purchasing an instrument in a pawn shop, and I've got my eye on some amps now...

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Ever Had To Pawn Your Guitar/Equipment?

oh yeah several times some I never got back had to sell my 68 Les Paul to pay rent and living expenses and it wasnt till this year i was able to replace it sometimes ya gotta do whatever it takes to survive its a tough bussiness

"Growing old is not for sissies"