Topic: Guitar Tuner?

Good Morning, Everyone! smile

Do we have a guitar tuner onboard here? If so, I haven't been able to find it, just a section on the far right of my screen that says "Tuning". I can find one online, no probs - it would just be a lot more convenient to have one here, so I could tune and go right to the song.

Thanks and have a great Sunday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K37BhzM0I8I

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Guitar Tuner?

No we do not have a tuner here,they sell a lot at musicans friends for low prices. I have an old one that I bought in 1982 and it still works great,I also have a newer Snark that works well. My old Seiko cost me $65.00 the Snark around $12.00.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey dino!

I have some real ones as well, my friend, just wanted to be sure there wasn't one hiding here. smile  One is my Pocket Rockit, my mini-amp and I have another two on both my 15w amps. I appreciate your taking the time to look up pricing for me. Every kind thought and friend helps!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hi Bill,  Sorry we don't have an online tuner available on the site.  There are a few apps available for free out there, but it has been my experience that not all PC microphones "hear" as well as others.  I tried one on my laptop, which has a very good microphone on board, and then checked it with the one built into my A/E guitar and it was close.... but still not good enough.

I suppose it is far easier to NOT have one here online than have to put up with the complaints about how far off it is!  (insert chuckle here)

Thanks for asking though.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-01-26 16:45:49)

Ah! I see we're talking about two different things (I hope). You mean "real time tuning", correct? I'm just talking about one of those tuners which one can find online and has the tuning set for you. As I said in the OP, I thought "Tuning" was the onboard tuner, but I was wrong (not the first time and not the last either, especially these days! smile ).

Anyway, I just thought it might be nice to have one of those onboard, so that one could tune and stay with our site and go right to the song we want to learn to play. I have never used a mic on my machine, but I do have one, so I think I'll give it a try.

Thank you, Doug!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass