1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-14 15:06:04)

Topic: Chordie In The Mornin', Chordie In The Evenin'....

....... but NO CHORDIE at suppertime! (a take off on the old tune "Sugar In The Morning")

What happens is I can access our site now and early evening, but there will come a time say after 6 pm (it is 10 am here now), when I won't be able to get on because Chrome says the page cannot be found. I posted this problem on Facebook, but don't know if anyone has seen it yet.

I use Chrome because FF doesn't like my gaming and I keep getting messages from THEM saying "A script on this page may be busy....". which is very aggravating, so I stay with Chrome.

Any ideas?

And here's the song I referenced above. I bet Amy and some of our other ladies could do this some real justice! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92iVi1tqdME

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Chordie In The Mornin', Chordie In The Evenin'....

Are you trying to access songbooks or the forum? What I generally do if I see the root down is I will type in "http://www.chordie.com/forum/index.php" and see if the forum is down. If it is, I e-mail Per.

You may also try to access the page from another browser or a mobile device to see if it's specific to your device and/or your software.

Maybe the wife has put in a filter so you can't waste too much time with us. smile

Hi ya Bill, sometimes I get that mesage too. I just figure that the site is being worked on. I just wait and try again later, and while I'm waiting I play guitar for a while and all is right with the world.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Good Morning!   I have noticed that the site has been down quite a bit lately.  At least in the time  blocks that I am usually here spam bashin'.
If it takes more that a few seconds to connect, I visit www.iidrn.com  and check the status.  Usually it will report that "the site is down for everybody", and usually regularly on Friday nights between the hours of midnight and 4 AM GMT (8 PM and Midnight my time).  I assume that is a slack time for Chordie in general, and being worked on in some manner.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Good Morning!   I have noticed that the site has been down quite a bit lately.  At least in the time  blocks that I am usually here spam bashin'.
If it takes more that a few seconds to connect, I visit www.iidrn.com  and check the status.  Usually it will report that "the site is down for everybody", and usually regularly on Friday nights between the hours of midnight and 4 AM GMT (8 PM and Midnight my time).  I assume that is a slack time for Chordie in general, and being worked on in some manner.

Ditto!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-15 01:01:26)

Baldguitardude wrote:

Are you trying to access songbooks or the forum? What I generally do if I see the root down is I will type in "http://www.chordie.com/forum/index.php" and see if the forum is down. If it is, I e-mail Per.

You may also try to access the page from another browser or a mobile device to see if it's specific to your device and/or your software.

Maybe the wife has put in a filter so you can't waste too much time with us. smile

Hi, BGD smile

I was trying to access the forum. Keeping me on Chordie assures Dondra  that I'm not stirring up any mischief, so no filter. wink

And I never consider my time here wasted. 9 times out of 10 I learn something new here when I log on! smile I appreciate the instructions regarding the downed root as well.

Thanks!

Bill

PS: jeep, Doug and dino, thanks to you guys too. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Please email Per if you find the site is down: admin AT chordie.com. Sometimes the server freezes up and he simply needs to re-boot. As chordie is just a hobby for him, it is not regularly monitored. Typically, when I email him, the site is back up within 5 minutes (unless he is sleeping or out of town of course).

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!