Topic: Thank you

I have been a mobile disc jockey since 1970, and although the years age me, my mind is full of music since the 60's, and thank you Chordie for letting me write down the lyrics to my favorite songs, which I still mime to at disco functions such as weddings. All the very best. DJ Sweaty (Brian Sidwell)

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-16 01:04:24)

Re: Thank you

Hey, djsweaty (Brian). smile

Used to do that way back in the early 80's when I worked for a small market station  as combination morning-man/news director.

A few of us did dj woirk to supplement our meager existence, and we had a wooden stand which used the frame from an old fold up school table with two square holes in which sar 2 radio shack turbtables. For speakers we used very tall speakers powered by a 100 watt RS amp. Hybrid/primitve, but it got us what we wanted. We didn't scratch, because we might've had to  use those (radio shack) cartridges/needles the next day (we were sunup/sundown) playing on the air music. That sound about right for how you did it? Man! We used to bastardize everything. smile

Anyway, WELCOME to one of the best sites on the net for what is done here for the musician . These folks are a very friendly bunch who are always ready to help with a smile. I just love'em. Just think of me as a sort of Wal-Mart greeter and  smiler. You couldn't have come to a nicer place! smile

(psssst! How'd I do, Boss?) smile smile smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

hi brian and welcome to the forums. i was also using chordie for quite a while till i found that i could hang out here. even so, during my rock years in the 70's you DJ's were the enemy as you were taking our gigs from us, but were all friends now smile

your real name brian sidwell sounds very familiar to me where did you/do you ply (your evil) trade? cool

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hello from the UK. I think you'll find Chordie is the fountain of all knowledge.

Thick as two short planks

Welcome, djsweaty! Chordie is the place to be...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic