Re: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

Its -12F here this morning (Maybe why some folks call Chillicothe "Chilly Town"?). 

Bring on Choridiestock and some Florida sunshine!!!! wink

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Anybody know how to set up a web cam site for hosting vid of chordiestock (BGD)? I've got an I-pad, a laptop and a web cam I could possibly set up if I knew how to host (for free). I see firefox has a new video chat feature - maybe that would work?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

FB has face chat

but then we run into ppl not wanting to deal with that.

google host something

well any way unlike last year im bringing a very large micro sd to record as much as poss. (oh and a much better phone LOLOL)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

keeping my fingers crossed for all those who are flying into or out of the Eastern States this week..... another little Winter Package rumoured to be delivered Tonight and into early tomorrow.  Sincerely hoping that none of our Chordians get snarled up and "stuck" in some Airport.

I was particularly concerned about Roger.  It is strange that you can fly non-stop from Zurich to Tampa on Swissair.... and most everything else has to be filtered through New York, Newark, Washington, Philly, or Detroit.  Not like they ever get any nasty winter weather in any of those places!

Bon Route!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

My flight leaves from Faro, a stop over at Gatwick then direct to Tampa. I am flying with B.A.

Getting excited..........

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good to hear that you got around having to stop in the northern states Roger!  Those airport cots are not comfy at all, and there are far too many folks sparring for the most out-of -the-way carpeted sections.  Had to spend a night in Los Angeles once when a connection in San Francisco got shut down due to fog...... not a restful night at all!

Have fun & give regards to all that attend!

Doug

132 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-02-26 12:24:11)

topdown wrote:

Anybody know how to set up a web cam site for hosting vid of chordiestock (BGD)? I've got an I-pad, a laptop and a web cam I could possibly set up if I knew how to host (for free). I see firefox has a new video chat feature - maybe that would work?

How about opening up a Skype call and just leave it running.

I just started using Skype last week. I was under the impression that there was a serious delay between parties but I didn't see or hear it in a call to Colorado.

I haven't tried it yet but you can have multiple people on a call.

2 weeks away! Roger and Beamer - What is your adult beverage of choice? I will try to pick up at least a starter supply for you to enjoy when you arrive. I think I know what Zurf prefers - picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch that was a bargain earlier.

Nice!  Four Roses Small Batch is delicious.  Good 1950's brand.  The kind of bottle that you'd find sitting beside an old deck of cards, 2/3 empty with a Daffy Duck jelly jar glass turned upside down over the neck - placed in the middle of a rickety end table beside an ugly, severely worn wing-back chair facing a Ben Franklin stove in the common room of a cheaply paneled hunting lodge situated at the end of a dirt road that has a cable and a padlock across the entrance.  In short, good stuff and welcome. 

I am absolutely, insanely, and completely ready for the trip.  The promise of a bed sounds nice, too.  The floor has been mine up to now, and it's been plenty good enough too.  Those camping pads you have are comfy!!! 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Anybody know how to set up a web cam site for hosting vid of chordiestock?

Check out Google+ Hangouts On air - you can either make a private event where people have to be invited (could be just a G+ hangouts group of up to 10 friends), or public broadcast linked to a YouTube account.  If you set it up through Youtube, you can then choose to snip portions of the video to post directly to Youtube later without having to do any additional video taping/recording/etc.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Jeff I hate to tell you but I am a boring drinker! Bottled water and CocaCola (full sugar, not low cal or zero) are my usual tipple. I will have an occasional bottle of beer but I am one of those who are extremely sensitive to alcohol and a small amount can make me very ill, so I take little.

Roger

Thanks Amy - I'll check that out. Was just thinking about setting my iPad up in a corner and let it run all weekend. Wish you could make it this year.

OK Roger - H2O and Coke it is - someone needs to stay sober and responsible smile

topdown wrote:

OK Roger - H2O and Coke it is - someone needs to stay sober and responsible smile

Did Roger just offer to be the "designated driver"?  Always a good idea when there's a party with "adult beverages"...... but he should be warned that we drive on the "right" side of the road here, and everyone drives like they are the only ones out there.  Arrogant, agressive, reckless, and pretty much like they are running from the law!

Doug_Smith wrote:

Did Roger just offer to be the "designated driver"?  Always a good idea when there's a party with "adult beverages"...... but he should be warned that we drive on the "right" side of the road here, and everyone drives like they are the only ones out there.  Arrogant, agressive, reckless, and pretty much like they are running from the law!

Doug, you forget that I have lived in Portugal for the last 10 years so I am more used to driving on the wrong side of the road than the 'correct' English side. smile Also, although face to face, the Portuguese are the friendliest most welcoming nation of people ever, when they get behind the steering wheel of a car they become psychotic.

Roger

Roger.... I know you are accustomed to driving as we do..... was meant to be more of a warning about how poorly most of us drive.  Nice to know it is more universal.  When we returned from Turkey, my folks had to get California Driving Licenses...... Mom was well on her way to failing until the examiner looked at her Turkish one..... and started erasing all the bad marks on his evaluation sheet.

In Europe however, if you upset another driver, they lean on the horn and curse you and most of your family...... over here they roll down their window and shoot!

Be safe!

ONE WEEK! - Next Thursday at this time the first guests will be arriving and the party will be starting!! Can't wait!!

Yay! Wish I could be there. Is there going to be a Skype session for those of us who couldn't make it?

BGD - I will certainly hook up skype or something. Amy mentioned a Google + thing I need to check out - I was looking for something I could hook up, set in the corner and just stream all day / night

I'll have to download Skype, but if that's what y'all are going to do, okay.

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

After spending 5 hours yesterday hand-shoveling 8" of new snow that was too wet and heavy to remove with my blower ........... I"M READY FOR SOME SUN AND SONGS !!!!!!

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

LMK Jeff. I might not be at my computer so if you still have my cell please throw me a text when it's on. Ella and I will come on and do a couple of duets for y'all. smile

Will do BGD - I still have your number. If i can't get it set up, hopefully someone else can.

I've got much to do - and I'm traveling next week for work so this weekend is it. Have to hang a door, clean the grill, scrub the floors, buy a bunch of booze and beer, change the strings on about 5 guitars including a 12 string (I don't think that's been restrung since chordiestock I). Gonna be a busy weekend!

Gumbo is on the menu for Saturday along with some nice nibble food - Got burgs and dogs for either Friday night or Sunday afternoon. Roger - is there anything special you would like to have for a good ole American dinner? 

My mint plants are jamming so Mojito's will be flowing!

topdown wrote:

BGD - I will certainly hook up skype or something. Amy mentioned a Google + thing I need to check out - I was looking for something I could hook up, set in the corner and just stream all day / night

Be sure to let us poor, frozen, northerners know what you decide on. I'm not familiar with the Google thing but if that's what's running, I'll figure it out.

Do you still like those John pearse .11s for strings?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It is on my bucket list to make a chordiestock! Wishing all attendees, safe travels, warm sunshine, smiles and sore fingers. Will be with you all in spirit!