Topic: How do you start your day?

The first thing I do after I get out of bed is to visit the throne room and contemplate of the day's activities. Then I proceed to the kitchen and make coffee. Let the dog out and go to the barn to feed and turn the horse out. When I get back in the house the coffee's ready and I have my 1st cup or the day. Then I will turn the computer on and check out what's going on with Chordie and the AGF. I will usually go to my reclyner, turn the TV on and watch the news and local weather. By this time my wife is up and I have her refill my coffee cup. We will sit and talk while drinking coffee and discuss all the worlds problems. After the news we turn the TV to the Maury Show or Jerry Springer to see if there is anyone on there that we might know. My wife will fix us some breakfast - love the bisquits n tomater gravy with bacon then she will start getting ready for work. I'll have another coffee with breakfast. After breakfast I will visit the throne room again (damn coffee) then begin my day of piddling. I'll piddle some outside then I'll piddle some inside, maybe play my guitar some, make another pot of coffee and have a cup. Sit in the reclyner and see if there is a good western movie I haven't seen. Drink another cup of coffee. Later in the day I'll piddle some more in the yard, maybe piddle some in the house. Make a sandwich and drink a diet coke. If I happen to be piddling in the yard and can't make it to the throne room I will pee in the yard. After my wife get's home from work I may have another cup of coffee then eat a bite of supper. Maybe a little TV or play a little music while my wife sings a song or 2. Then it's one last visit to the throne room and then bed. Maybe / maybe not a little more piddling then it's the next morning and I start everything all over.

Nela

Re: How do you start your day?

Sounds like an awesome day, NELA! Given your health battles, it's great that you can relax, enjoy time with your missus, and the outdoors.

I'm usually up at 5:00 or before, as I've been an early riser all my life. It hasn't made me healthy, wealthy, or wise ... but who cares, right? Don't know what our alarm clock sounds like. First thing is to get the coffee going, then enjoy a cup or two while checking Chordie and a fly fishing forum I take part in. After checking my home & work email, I'm usually out the door by 7:30 for work. I typically log about 1300 kms (800 miles) each week. I work for a small business lobby group since selling my own business 7 years ago. I now meet with business owners each day to discuss ways to shape policies from the gov't, banks, credit card companies, etc., as well as providing services and resources to help them succeed.

My dear wife usually has a nice supper on when I get home, and we talk about the day we've had, family stuff (we have 2 boys who are 29 and 33), etc. She teaches horseback riding, so usually heads to the barn for a couple hours each evening. That's when the guitars get turned up, 'cuz no one gets disturbed. Once she's home, we might watch a movie together, or I'll be tying flies, reading a good book, etc. We're usually turned in by 10:30 or so, and aggravate each other all night with our snoring (we both snore loudly).

Saturday mornings I love to watch an English Premiership soccer game (my favorite sport - a Manchester United fan for many decades), or there'll be chores around the house, errands to run, etc. We both love to do all things together. We also attend little country church nearby on Sundays, where we have some great friends, and usually share a Sunday dinner together with some of them. In the warmer weather, we're both outdoors as much as we can be, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, etc. My wife is my best friend of almost 36 years, and even though we each have some individual friends, we enjoy each other's company a great deal. She's a real blast to be around, and we both appreciate that we each have a childish side, even though we're nearing 60 years old.