1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-04-28 22:37:56)

Topic: Forever Might Only Be For A While (Sad, but uplifting song)

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Forever Might Only Be For A While (Sad, but uplifting song)

Any of you moderators --- I cannot figure out how to change the post title ---  I included the word little and I want it out.  I wanted the post to say   Forever Might Only Be For A While ( Sad, but uplifting)   If you can change it , please do so so it matches the title .  Thanks, and I hope you liked it.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

hi tig, glad you managed to sort out the chopro. as you say a sad but uplifting song and if you get around to committing it to the ether let us know so we can give it a listen.

another good one.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Good song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi tig
I have edited the post title as you wanted.
ark.

Thank you !

I had a strum through this last night and had to stop at one point due to eyes misting over. I think the lyrics are brilliant, and so bloody true.
  Great song TIG

Thick as two short planks

Thank you.  I wrote it because in the past month I have seen way too many friends, (including a seven year old) succumbing to cancer or other maladies at way too young of an age. I found myself looking at a photo of one of them and I had my guitar in my hands. Just starting writing down some emotions in my head, mostly thinking about how life is so precious.   It kinda came back to that Butch Walker video (21 + Over) I posted earlier where he says go live your life, do your bucket list , now ! 
Anyways, even though I am just a rookie songwriter that can't sing a lick, I am hopeful that even if one person gets the message and does something today or the next that they might not have done, then it was worth the time and effort. 
As far as the misting, I've played it a hundred times, still hard me too bc I think of the people I lost, but then at the end I remember that they would want me not to sit around and mourn , but go live in their place and honor.  Thanks again for the kudos.

Excellent.  Very poignant lyrics.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I love this song! Wonderful writing here. Can't wait to get home to play this one tonight! Thank you for sharing it with us!