Topic: beer

i don't normally drink on a monday, but all the family came around and so i've drank 5 cans of fosters lager and 1 can of guinness, and the joys have hit me so i'm feeling very happy.

but a couple of things occurred to me just now;

alcohol will kill you as proven by the fly that's floating around my glass

and the more you drink the less you care.

soooo cheers smile

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: beer

Phill

I think you got that wrong.
The moral of the story is surely.
Beer kills flies

The King Of Audio Torture

Phill Williams wrote:

i don't normally drink on a monday, but all the family came around and so i've drank 5 cans of fosters lager and 1 can of guinness, and the joys have hit me so i'm feeling very happy.

but a couple of things occurred to me just now;

and the more you drink the less you care.

soooo cheers smile

The fly was most likely an a lush and got drunk and fell in. All toghter not a bad way too die! Good beer you got there Phill.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You need to drink more Phill

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I don't normally not drink on Mondays but it is obvious to that fly died in flight and just happen to fall in your beer in fact I surprised the beer did not revive the fly because after all beer is the temporary solution to any problem

out of tune out of key and out of touch

I tend to think that the fly committed suicide. With all the fine Welsh brewery's about, the poor fly was forced to suffer Australian lager or Guinness.
Think I might have done the same.

Thick as two short planks

I kind of enjoy suffering Australian lager

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

I don't drink on Mondays anymore either. 

Or any less.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

bushy243 wrote:

I kind of enjoy suffering Australian lager

Ditto

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Each to their own I guess, but here in the UK we are fortunate to have hundreds of small breweries producing many different beers in many different styles. So wherever I am I try to find a beer that is produced not more than 30 miles away.

Get outta here fly, happy hour is over....

badeye   cool

one caper after another

just a few comments;

we have a tremendous local brewery and beer of varying strengths called Felinfoel (pronounced VELIN VOIL) i tend to avoid it as it tends, even in it's weakest forms, to be a little strong for me, hence fosters. i also like the taste. FYI, it says on the can that it's brewed in europe by heiniken!

and the fly added some protein lol

Hi Phill, I hope no one took to seriously what was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment to your humorous post. Although I do see from other posts that the comments came from 3 continents, so 3 different brewerys producing I imagine 3 different beers although probably marketed under the same name. Myself, I belong to a consumer group that promotes the responsible drinking of real beer. My preference is to drink beer as local to me as possible depending on where I happen to be, also choosing to consume beers from small breweries rather than national or international breweries.
I may even call in and have a pint with you someday and i'll even bring my own fly swatter.

you will be very welcome KIR.

i've done a little travelling and sampling of local delights. i once tried a cardiff beer called brains SK which i'm told stands for skull attack....the guy with me drank it too fast and deposited his lunch in the toilets. i couldn't finish my pint, so glad! tetleys had the same effect, and i believe they're now in partnership...go figure?

we had another little party on my patio tuesday night, with nibbles. i ate a whole pizza my self, which didn't go down too well with my family, it did with me, heavy on the pepperoni and cheese (welsh extra mature of course) and the weather has been brilliant for the time of year, people keep asking the wife if she's just come back from abroad she says no, just out the back! cool

Pizza and beer is a good combination. There's an area in my town called the Beermuda Triangle. It has a beach bar that sells craft beer (we have no beach, so the owner built one), a microbrewery, and a wood fired pizza place with local and craft beers and wine.

The beach bar owner has a knack for finding attractive young barmaids.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

keepitreal wrote:

My preference is to drink beer as local to me as possible depending on where I happen to be, also choosing to consume beers from small breweries rather than national or international breweries.

I'm with you on that one KIR. When I go for a beer, if it's available I go for Yuengling. It the oldest brewery in the U.S. and it's less than 2 hours from me.

http://www.yuengling.com/our_story/

17 (edited by keepitreal 2015-04-28 19:27:23)

Hi UJB. After reading your post I had a look on the net to see if it was available in the UK. Unfortunately it's only available in the eastern USA, it's a pity as I have a preference for dark beers, and their looked to be a couple of interesting ones
Thanks for your post.

when i was on holiday in turkey, they had a local beer, or bira locally, called efes, which is quite nice. but it appears that after all the brits holidaying there they must have been asking for "dark beer" known as mild here, they brought out a dark efes, one taste was enough. funnily enough i haven't seen it since...:)

keepitreal wrote:

Hi UJB. After reading your post I had a look on the net to see if it was available in the UK. Unfortunately it's only available in the eastern USA, it's a pity as I have a preference for dark beers, and their looked to be a couple of interesting ones
Thanks for your post.

Yeah they never tried to mass market their product. The name got around by word of mouth and occasional local ad campaigns. I just had a few on Saturday night. smile

Normtheguitar seemed to enjoy Yuengling when he visited a few years ago.

I did indeed enjoy Yuengling, though I had never Yuengled before. Now I need to come again & get lost in the Beermuda Triangle. Hopefully, Barry Manilow will not be involved...
Cheers!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

While doing a bit of research into my favourite subject I've been asking a few brewers, in both small and national breweries about GMO's in my pint. Their seems to be no industry standard. In the UK, any foods that contain gmo's have strict limits and have to be clearly labeled, not so it would seem with the brewing industry. The only reply I received was from Molson Coors that came in pdf format. They tell me that no gmo ingredients are used in their European operations as all their products are purchased over here, and as yet these products are gmo free. In North America it's a very different story. Although I realise the risk is very slight, far less than the alcohol I wonder what the effects on mum's to be could occur.  Ps if you see a pump on the bar of your local serving a brew called Round up by Monsanto, give it a miss.

Phill Williams wrote:

Everybody dies of something, Phil.  No way out of that.  So if I die of beer, well, I can think of worse ways to go!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Phill Williams wrote:

...alcohol will kill you as proven by the fly that's floating around my glass

soooo cheers smile

Puts me in mind of the old story of the preacher lecturing a Sunday School class of children on the "evils of alcohol."

The preacher poured a glass of water, produced a worm from a box on the desk, and dropped the worm into the glass. The worm, of course, wriggled about the glass, unaffected by the water.

The preacher then filled a second glass with whiskey, took the worm from the glass of water and dropped it into the glass of whiskey. The worm, of course, died almost instantly.

Looking around at the class, the preacher said, "Now, children, what does this teach us?"

In the back of the room, a young boy raised his hand and said, "If you drink whiskey, you won't get worms?"

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3573.gif

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie