1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-06-09 11:03:23)

Topic: Alzheimers - Twist on Mojo's lyrics - Creek Don't Run.....

First - Everybody should check out Joe's ( MOJO) song - recently posted and re- mastered - it is awesome !

After hearing it and reading the lyrics, I could not get that line out of my head!!
However as it ran around crazy in my brain all morning, suddenly - - an epiphany -   a new meaning popped in my head.
I got the metaphoric message that had been bothering me.  I wrote some stuff down and it started making sense to me.

HOWEVER, I must point out that  within Joe's song there were a couple of terrific lines that I needed to borrow because not only did they fit, they were awesome thoughts from my perspective. 
Not wanting to be a (lyric) pirate ( which ironically what his song was like smile )  I emailed Joe to explain my ideas and asked permission to use his words and adapt some of his thoughts to my theme.  He granted me permission, which was ever so kind - Thanks again Joe !!

So anyway - i attempted to use some of Joe's ideas mixed with mine -  to write about a terrible disease - Alzheimers !

I know that several Chordians have mentioned it in discussions.  I tried to imagine being on the inside looking out.  I tried to put a couple of metaphors in myself - but still - Joe's line is the King - to me it describes it perfectly - "The Creek don't run by my cabin no more !"

As you all know - I am not a singer,  so it won't appear in audio unless someone else does it for me ( hint, hint smile  )

So here it is - hope you like it - and again THANKS SO MUCH to MOJO for his inspiration and kindness to allow me to borrow his thoughts.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Alzheimers - Twist on Mojo's lyrics - Creek Don't Run.....

its good  nice  twist

TIGLJK, you are welcome and thank you for your kind words. I like what you did with it

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Having gone through this with my wife for many years, this pretty much covers the reality of it. Very nice indeed.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Bensonp,
I just listened to your cover of Daydream by Lovin Spoonful    one of my favoite all time songs.  You are extremely talented and have a very nice Martin there.   I enjoyed the song a lot.  Your voice is awesome.... I would love it if you did a rendition of the above song. What do you think ?

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Jim. I would love to do it but I need to know the melody

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

awesome - I'll email you  TY

Nice TWIST!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

added one more verse

Tweaked it a bit.

God be with anyone that has to deal with this piece of shit disease

Nice one.