1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2015-05-24 00:48:36)

Topic: Digitech Trio

I ordered this today along with a  pedal and some patch chords, after listening to a few demos I was really impressed and naturally had to have it but it wont be available till next month, This powerful little gadget is perfect for singles or duos or just filming videos and creating new songs behold the future fellow Chordians smile
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TrioPedal
This is the Trio with my Loopstation just jamming out an making up stuff smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eROh3qD … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Digitech Trio

Russell, I just did some research on this. Looks like it good work good for recording too. It's on My wish list. Let us know when you get it.

Joe

3 (edited by dino48 2015-03-19 19:54:16)

Russell_Harding wrote:

I ordered this today along with a  pedal and some patch chords, after listening to a few demos I was really impressed and naturally had to have it but it wont be available till next month, This powerful little gadget is perfect for singles or duos or just filming videos and creating new songs behold the future fellow Chordians smile

Russell that looks like a one man band machine and easy too operate would that be good for me as I do not have any one too play with now and I would like too record some songs,let us know. Thanks for the heads up! Can I use this with my computer?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Russell that looks like a one man band machine and easy too operate would that be good for me as I do not have any one too play with now and I would like too record some songs,let us know. Thanks for the heads up! Can I use this with my computer?

this would be perfect for someone (like me also) who has no one to play with and it would help if you had a small 4 or 8 track recorder and use a Y chord out from the rca outputs to the mic input on your pc then just open the recording program (Audacity) and it will show the input all thats left is to transfer the tracks but if you dont have a reccorder you can still use a 1/4 in jack to a mini plug chord and it will work fine.

Cool device, Russell ... we all know from experience that you'll get great use out of it. When I saw the term "Band Creator" on it, I was immediately reminded of this pedal board joke that went around awhile back:

http://proguitarshop.com/media/cms/blog/fake_boss_pedals.jpg

Tenement Funster wrote:

Cool device, Russell ... we all know from experience that you'll get great use out of it. When I saw the term "Band Creator" on it, I was immediately reminded of this pedal board joke that went around awhile back:

http://proguitarshop.com/media/cms/blog … pedals.jpg

Good one lol aint seen it smile

It shipped today UPS really looking forward to it. smile

Watching the vid i get the impression its more of a practice tool or a recording aid than something to be used in a live performance as you would have to record your chord progresion at the start of each song.Am I correct .

Grah1 wrote:

Watching the vid i get the impression its more of a practice tool or a recording aid than something to be used in a live performance as you would have to record your chord progresion at the start of each song.Am I correct .

Graham that is correct you have to create each song from scratch BUT I also have a Boss RC-20XL loop station and it holds 13 progressions so I can create a set and save each song, and with my F5-S footswitch I can toggle each one beforehand or use my DP 24 and transfer to a CD that way I could do an entire evening. I will keep everyone posted by uploading a video once I get it this is going to be a blast! smile

alternately as there is  3  channels  you  could  pre  record   3 chord  progressions  for  3  songs  providing   it  doesnt loose  the  information when switched off then it  would  be  a  good  live  aid  for  an open mic performance  where  you only  get  to  play  3  songs  as  a rule .

Grah1 wrote:

alternately as there is  3  channels  you  could  pre  record   3 chord  progressions  for  3  songs  providing   it  doesnt loose  the  information when switched off then it  would  be  a  good  live  aid  for  an open mic performance  where  you only  get  to  play  3  songs  as  a rule .

I have not looked into that function I am guessing tempo might be a concern let you know smile

12 (edited by Russell_Harding 2015-05-20 05:35:58)

The Trio and footswitch arrived today and I put together a little video to kind of give a rundown on how I intend to use it hope this clears up any questions you may have regarding this unit, once i get it setup I will kick out a few ideas I am working on musically smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9kT7d … e=youtu.be

This is an updated video with more in depth information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgbHymO … e=youtu.be

On a follow up I got the routing settled and did a short test as it was close to 10pm I had to cut it short so I wouldn't disturb my neighbors but all my early impressions have been validated this is one cool machine I hope to upload a full video of my efforts tomorrow.

Gidday guitar players

The thing i love about Chordie is i learn stuff.
Never heard of the Digitech Trio till you guys talked about it.
Looked it up on utube, just had to get one.
Not cheap, 400 NZ$ but hope to have some fun with it.
thanks!

The King Of Audio Torture

Great stuff, Russell!

Your demonstration of how to use these various effects together is fantastic. I was joking with you a while back about that outdoor music festival you were thinking about attending. I'd mentioned (in fun) that you could do a full performance of "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" if you attended. After watching you in action, I believe you really could do it!

Impressive work, my friend!

16 (edited by Russell_Harding 2015-06-04 11:24:34)

Tenement Funster wrote:

Great stuff, Russell!

Your demonstration of how to use these various effects together is fantastic. I was joking with you a while back about that outdoor music festival you were thinking about attending. I'd mentioned (in fun) that you could do a full performance of "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" if you attended. After watching you in action, I believe you really could do it!

Impressive work, my friend!

TF thanks for the nice words smile I think the owners manual really cuts the learning curve down as very few of the video demos I first watched explain in depth the overall functions of this device and they did not include using a loop pedal so you can play along with the chords I did find out thru trial and error that after the Trio learns the track or tracks to not start the loop pedal till after the 1st beat it will be smoother but if you work with it you will find the best way yourself like I said earlier study the manual it REALLY speeds the learning curve. smile
This is a link to the owners manual if your serious about getting this effects unit I HIGHLY recommend printing or bookmarking this link
http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_docume … iginal.pdf

Russell thanks for the update video today,good to know info. I am glad you took the time it is really helpful.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Russell thanks for the update video today,good to know info. I am glad you took the time it is really helpful.

your welcome dino glad to help, I must admit I am a bit surprised at the number of views on Youtube (over 2500 and counting) for the Trio the only criticism was I didn't trim my toe nail lol

Russell tell them it is for when you play with your feet and you use it for a pick.

dino48 wrote:

Russell tell them it is for when you play with your feet and you use it for a pick.

lol I may try that smile

just  ordered  a  trio  today   should  arrive  tomorrow,  cant  wait .

Grah1 wrote:

just  ordered  a  trio  today   should  arrive  tomorrow,  cant  wait .

Your going to love it! I would suggest going to my you tube site and copy the link to print out the owners manual or bookmark it VERY valuable info on learning and saving time and hassle congrats!! smile

Got  the trio  today  and  just  gave  it   trial .Highly  recommended .

Grah1 wrote:

Glad too hear you got one also,I will get one soon it is on my list for sure. I like too pay cash for all things I buy so I do have too wait longer then some others.

Grah1 wrote:

Congrats Graham! your going to have a lot of fun with it look froward to a video from you smile