Topic: Make Music Day

This is a nation wide event if you scroll down you can check out what is happening in and around the area you live in I have looked into it a little  I don't think there is a fee just a need to register and donations are not obligatory I would like some feedback on this as I am considering participating tell me what you think Chordians smile
http://makemusicday.org/

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Make Music Day

First I've ever heard of this, Russell, but it looks like a heap o' fun! I gather that it's great big "open mike" event? You could take your C9, looper, Trio, and other gear, and do a full duration blow out version of "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" ... just kidding, my friend. With your talent & know-how, I'm certain you'd be a hit.

Tenement Funster wrote:

First I've ever heard of this, Russell, but it looks like a heap o' fun! I gather that it's great big "open mike" event? You could take your C9, looper, Trio, and other gear, and do a full duration blow out version of "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" ... just kidding, my friend. With your talent & know-how, I'm certain you'd be a hit.

TF not quite sure what to make of it yet and the nearest place there hosting is in Madison Wisconsin about 60 miles away I need to know more about it but it dose sound like fun. smile

The closest one to me at the moment is Portland, at several locations.  That's like a 170 mile round trip and a dose of traffic I can live without.  But that does not mean that I couldn't get to gether with a few of the local atrists and the Parks Department and organize a gathering here.  Might have to consider that in between other events already on my schedule for June...... could be tight but I know people!!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

The closest one to me at the moment is Portland, at several locations.  That's like a 170 mile round trip and a dose of traffic I can live without.  But that does not mean that I couldn't get to gether with a few of the local atrists and the Parks Department and organize a gathering here.  Might have to consider that in between other events already on my schedule for June...... could be tight but I know people!!!

Doug that's not a bad idea, I know several musicians in the area and I might have get in touch and see what they think about it smile

Hmmm... I found links near me for last year.  Nothing updated since 2014 though.  I guess I might just have to get the front porch or back yard ready and make it a family thing.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Topdown is coming for a visit them and a few old boys are getting together for just that purpose.  If anyone asks us to quiet down, we'll just tell them we're celebrating Make Music Day.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I would have a choice between Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. They're both about 3 hours away.

Zurf is only 1.5 hrs. Think I'll go with that. big_smile

Looking forward to it Uncle Joe.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude