Topic: drum loops

Where do you find   drum loops to use ?    I have been trying to figure out how to use "audacity" ( not very successfully I might add) .   I wanted to add some drum to my songs when I record, but can't figure out where to get the loops or how to put them in ( even if I do find them) . smile   Appreciate any help or advice you have.
Jim

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: drum loops

Jim I   just  use  my  zoom pedals drum  machine

3 (edited by Cocktailsfor2 2015-05-30 14:19:09)

Re: drum loops

Audacity is a recording/mixing program - you'll need to either

[A] Record the drum pattern yourself (via something like Garageband, or an electronic kit or drum machine [I just bought a Simmons kit for $199 so that I can do just what you're trying to do] - nowadays, you can get a drum machine pretty cheap on Amazon or the like) , or

[B] Use a pre-recorded drum pattern, and convert the mp3 to an Audacity file (open a new window in Audacity, then drag and drop the mp3 file into it), then once it's an Audacity file, copy/paste/mix it into your music.

Good luck - keep makin' music!

P.S. If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me. cool

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Re: drum loops

hi jim, the easiest and cheapest way is to go to google aps where you may find a host of drum programs for free (which is the key word for me) all you have to do is sort through them and pick the one that suits you best. or just search drum loops...there's a lot out there. good luck

phill

There are two "L's" in Phill

5 (edited by dino48 2015-05-30 17:40:24)

Re: drum loops

TIGLJK wrote:

Where do you find   drum loops to use ?    I have been trying to figure out how to use "audacity" ( not very successfully I might add) .   I wanted to add some drum to my songs when I record, but can't figure out where to get the loops or how to put them in ( even if I do find them) . smile   Appreciate any help or advice you have.
Jim

tig Russell Harding recently posted a loop? machine he was getting it had drums, bass and other functions as well,you might want too check with him. I was very Impressed with it. It seemed easy too use.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: drum loops

dino48 wrote:
TIGLJK wrote:

Where do you find   drum loops to use ?    I have been trying to figure out how to use "audacity" ( not very successfully I might add) .   I wanted to add some drum to my songs when I record, but can't figure out where to get the loops or how to put them in ( even if I do find them) . smile   Appreciate any help or advice you have.
Jim

tig Russell Harding recently posted a loop? machine he was getting it had drums, bass and other functions as well,you might want too check with him. I was very Impressed with it. It seemed easy too use.

The pedal you are referring to is Digitech Trio it listens to you strumming and creates bass and drums accompaniments with several variations on each and it adds the fills I also use an Alesis SR16 it has lots of drum patterns or you can create your own.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: drum loops

Russell & Dino

Thanks for taking the time to give me some info.

I looked up the Digitech Trio..... seems like it's what I want, but there were quite a few negative reviews on Amazon for it - along with the usual rave reviews.   I was just wondering if you have actually used it and could give me an honest review .  $ 179 is what they are asking  for it and I don't want to spend that if it is not a good product. With my second daughter getting married within a year, money is pretty tight. smile

Thanks

Jim

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: drum loops

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell & Dino

Thanks for taking the time to give me some info.

I looked up the Digitech Trio..... seems like it's what I want, but there were quite a few negative reviews on Amazon for it - along with the usual rave reviews.   I was just wondering if you have actually used it and could give me an honest review .  $ 179 is what they are asking  for it and I don't want to spend that if it is not a good product. With my second daughter getting married within a year, money is pretty tight. smile

Thanks

Jim

Jim I have three videos on the Trio this video is how I use it with my loop machine hope this helps and it is a blast!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eROh3qDNaC8
some more useful information about routing and downloading the pdf owners manual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgbHymOrXoA

"Growing old is not for sissies"

9 (edited by dino48 2015-06-03 18:37:29)

Re: drum loops

I am going too get one as soon as I pay off my new tires on my car. That was a good demo Russell. Tig you should wait if you need to seems like weddings keep us buying things till their over.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: drum loops

dino48 wrote:

I am going too get one as soon as I pay off my new tires on my car. That was a good demo Russell. Tig you should wait if you need to seems like weddings keep us buying things till their over.

Thanks dino each time I use it I learn more about it and how to use the loop pedal as well smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: drum loops

Thanks Russell - that was very helpful.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke