Topic: Song doesnt display after corrections

On one of my songbooks, I edited it and added a chord, saved it, viewed it not in the edit mode and the change does not show up.

After editing and saving it and before exiting the edit mode, it shows in the preview pane below.

Any ideas?

Jerry

Re: Song doesnt display after corrections

Hi Jerry,

I am a little unsure from your description what is happening so let me lay down how you should edit a song and see if you can explain what is different for you.

1. Click on 'My Songbook.'

2. Open the songbook that contains the song you want to edit.

3. Click on the 'edit' to the right of the of the song title.

4. Make the corrections to the song in the unformatted 'chopro' version of the song at the top of the page.

5. Click on the 'Update preview' (in a blue box) to check that the formatted song below where you have been working is displaying the changes you want to make.

6. Click on the 'Save' (in a blue box).

7. Click on the '< < return to songbook'

The next time you look at that song it should show the corrected version.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I am a little unsure from your description what is happening so let me lay down how you should edit a song and see if you can explain what is different for you.

1. Click on 'My Songbook.'

2. Open the songbook that contains the song you want to edit.

3. Click on the 'edit' to the right of the of the song title.

4. Make the corrections to the song in the unformatted 'chopro' version of the song at the top of the page.

5. Click on the 'Update preview' (in a blue box) to check that the formatted song below where you have been working is displaying the changes you want to make.

6. Click on the 'Save' (in a blue box).

7. Click on the '< < return to songbook'

The next time you look at that song it should show the corrected version.

Hey Roger, thanks for your response.

I did just as you list above and in step #5, in the preview pane below the change is shown.  Then, the next time (and I go immediately to it) I look at the song it did not show the corrected version.

This has not happened to me before and I re-did 1 - 7 above at least three times with no change.  It was as if the previous version was stored in memory somewhere and instead of displaying the newly corrected version, it placed the old one up there???

Jerry

Roger

Hi Jerry,

You said that you used step #5 and the preview was fine.

Did you then follow step #6 and click on the 'Save' to actually save your correction as you do not indicate in your reply that you have done so? The preview is only to check that you are happy with the changes you have made, it is not permanently changed until you save it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi, I am having the same problem that Jerry is having. I am going through all the steps, but when I save and go back open my songbook, my edits have not been saved!
Any ideas?
THanks!
Kevin

Hi,
I figured out the solution to this problem. I had this song saved in 2 of my songbooks and I was trying to edit the 2nd songbook and it would not save. But when I went to the saved version in the 1st songbook and edited and saved that, it stayed saved!!
Kevin