Topic: A YouTube Question, Please?

Ever downloaded an album off YT?

Day before yesterday I downloaded a Bob Dylan album which, through my wifi goes through my BluRay player (has a YT channel on it) shows on my TV in the bedroom.

In other words, I can watch anything I download off YT on my bedroom tv.

Okay..... So I have the album ("Bringing It All Back Home") on my TV/BluRay Youtube channel, but it only plays the first song "Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine.....' - I love that song) and then it stops. I have to bring up the screen, manually go to the next song and push play etc. etc.

What am I doing wrong, y'all? Isn't there a way to play the whole album all the way through without it stopping after each song?

Maybe one of you could try it (if you have the same setup as me (Computer to Wifi to BluRay to TV)

Any help is appreciated, as always.

Love Youse Guys and Ladies!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

2 (edited by dino48 2015-06-15 00:30:14)

Re: A YouTube Question, Please?

Wish I could help you Bill but I do not have a solution.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I never tried doing that Bill. I'll have to try it and see what happens

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I don't use Youtube for things as much as I used to.  Recorded albums is one of the things I've never really used it for much.  As far as I know, I think you need to make a playlist to ensure that one song plays after the other without having to keep pushing the button (although I could be wrong).  Have you tried any of the programs like Pandora?  You might like it, and I'll bet your BluRay player probably has it available.  You just make a Dylan "Channel" and play it.  You'll get Dylan music as well as stuff "like Dylan" playing all day long.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I love Pandora.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-06-16 09:09:29)

My tech-savvy son told me about one of these YouTube converter programs, that converts a YouTube video to a dowloadable MP3 file in a matter of seconds. It's not quite the same as being able to watch the video. To do that, I'll just use an HDMI cable to plug the laptop into the TV, and away we go. Here's a couple web-hosted converter programs that work well for making MP3's. I'm told it's perfectly legal to do so, since the music is already in the public domain because it's on YouTube:

http://convert2mp3.net/en/

http://www.video2mp3.net/

If anyone is aware of a legal issue with doing this, please feel free to kindly say so. I'm just repeating what I was told about the legalities of doing this.

Thanks everyone for your replies, but I think I have wasted all of our times and at the same time showed you how ignorant and lazy I have gotten! It occurred to me after reading TF's post that all "You have to do, Bill, you ignorant, lazy SOB, is take that cd you already have in your collection, you ASS and insert in your cd player! Now go 'fess up to your friends and apologize for wasting their time, you Numbnuts!"

I'm sorry, y'all. *sniff*

=========

However, I did write down your son's suggested links, TF, my friend. Please tell him "thanks" for me, and that I'll be using them asap. There's some Pink Floyd I want to download.

Thanks everone and I love ya'!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

If pink floyd will not help nothing else will.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman