Topic: I got worms

and they are everywhere. Actually they are Milapeds(sp). They are under my carport, on my front patio, on my back porch, in my kitchen, laundry room, den, bathroom - THEM SOB'S ARE EVERYWHERE!. it's not just a few, it's not in the hundreds, it's in the THOUSANDS. I've poisoned inside and outside with spray insectide, I've put out Sevin Dust all around the foundation of the house, I've put out grandules on my lawn, and I keep it mowed, and nothing will stop them. I've called a professional exterminator and was told that he could come spray my house and lawn area but it would not help. He told me that this was just a bad year with all the rain we had, and continue to have. He said they would die on their own as soon as the hot summer weather started and the rain stopped. The best way I've found to kill them, outside, is to sweep them up in a pile, spray with lighter fluid, set on fire and scoop up with a shovel after they become crispy. Anyone else have this problem?

Nela

Re: I got worms

Sounds to me like it's time to go fishing. smile

Inseticides will not work they are not really insesects. you may want too try some salt or some bleach or ammonia.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Chris P Millipede. Sounds like a good name for a C/W singer.

Thick as two short planks

My suggestion is to soak your entire neighborhood in kerosene and light a match.  Millipedes are second only to snakes in creepiness.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ick!  Sevin's dust is probably your best bet of everything you've tried because it contains diatomaceous earth.  Better yet would be to buy some food grade diatomaceous earth without the poisons in it because then you won't be hurting anyone but them and their other friends that crawl through it (but do NOT inhale that stuff - it'll ruin healthy lungs).  The little buggers need to get dried out.  Baking Soda on the rugs might help a little.  I've been fighting with ants this year, but only in ONE SMALL portion of my kitchen - of course right next to the sink where I'm not comfy spraying poisons.  I kind of like Zurf's idea.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

We don't have any of those critters here in the Great White North ... too cold for them, I guess.

mekidsmom wrote:

Ick!  Sevin's dust is probably your best bet of everything you've tried because it contains diatomaceous earth.  Better yet would be to buy some food grade diatomaceous earth without the poisons in it because then you won't be hurting anyone but them and their other friends that crawl through it (but do NOT inhale that stuff - it'll ruin healthy lungs).  The little buggers need to get dried out.  Baking Soda on the rugs might help a little.  I've been fighting with ants this year, but only in ONE SMALL portion of my kitchen - of course right next to the sink where I'm not comfy spraying poisons.  I kind of like Zurf's idea.

You got most of it right amy but Sevin will not help as they are not insects ,he can use diatomaceous earth made for swimming pools .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This is an interesting way to deal with the Millipedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_XPH9LQJ4

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke